EPAM Systems - Big Data and Analytics Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Big Data and Analytics Services Vendor Assessment for EPAM Systems is a comprehensive assessment of EPAM’s big data and analytics service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managerslooking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
EPAM has positioned its big data and analytics (BDA) service capability around digital and e-commerce. This positioning reflects EPAM's background in servicing digital tier one vendors (such as Google, Microsoft, Expedia) and in e-commerce/digital projects. Within BDA, EPAM promotes to clients (for their digital projects) the idea of adopting agile methodologies and iteration based approaches, and of exposing the product to end-users.
EPAM provides big data and analytics-related services through several units:
- Consulting services: through its main consulting unit (providing business agility, transformation, and process automation) and several vertical-specific entities (healthcare and life science consulting, financial services and insurance consulting, travel and hospitality consulting, and retail and consumer consulting)
- Digital services: mostly through its data intelligence and search offering, but also through its enterprise applications unit (around SAP, CRM, ECM/BPM, and marketing operations COTS), and through digital marketing and analytics (CEM, CRM, customer identity, and loyalty schemes)
- Technology consulting: mostly through its IoT, embedded, and automotive unit.
Major BDA clients include Expedia, Google, Burberry, P&G, EY, Chevron, The Coca-Cola Company, Amway, Wolters Kluwer, SAP, and Thomson Reuters.
EPAM has different positioning to most of its competitors. At a corporate level, and at the big data and analytics level, it believes that one of its main differentiators lies in its personnel and delivery. EPAM highlights:
- The education of its delivery organization, which is Central and Eastern Europe-centric
- That 20% of its big data and analytics delivery personnel are certified on a specific technology.
The quality of the Central and Eastern Europe engineering education systems remains at the core of EPAM's value proposition; this is complemented by EPAM having ~200 methodologies, checklists, and accelerators.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of EPAM’s big data and analytics service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook