DXC Technology - Cloud Advisory, Assessment and Migration Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Cloud Advisory, Assessment, and Migration Services Vendor Assessment for DXC Technology is a comprehensive assessment of DXC Technology’s cloud advisory, assessment and migration services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for cloud consulting services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in cloud consulting services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
In May 2016, Tysons, Virginia based CSC announced that it was
acquiring the Enterprise Services (ES) division of HPE. As of April 1, 2017, when the merger was completed, CSC and HPE Enterprise Services re-branded as DXC Technology (DXC). DXC Technologyoperates 31 strategic delivery centers and 91 data centers in ~70 countries, servicing ~6k clients. 55% of its labor force operates in low-cost geographies in 21 global delivery centers. Of CSC and HPE’s top 200 accounts, there was a less than 15% overlap in the revenue streams.
Both CSC and HPE ES had been offering cloud services for several years, with CSC launching its first cloud initiative in February 2009.
Since the completion of the merger, DXC is integrating cloud offerings from each company, looking to utilize the best assets and capabilities brought by each. As one example, CSC believes that its agility platform for cloud management has strong brokerage capabilities, while HPE ES has a tool with stronger financial tracking capabilities. Another example: CSC believes that HPE ES had stronger Microsoft Azure capabilities, while it had stronger AWS experience.
The merger has also brought a refresh of the tools and partners that underpin the cloud advisory offerings. Replacing some of the legacy tools used by CSC, DXC has incorporated tools from the legacy HPE including the use of tools which HPE sold to Micro Focus as part of the sale of its HPE software unit in September 2016.
DXC organizes its cloud advisory, assessment, and migration into an advisory group to work with client leaders to understand objectives, assess existing workloads, and develop a migration plan, with factories to execute the migration plan.
It has also developed a cloud integration offering to help organizations operate in a multi-cloud environment.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of DXC’s cloud advisory, assessment and migration service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook