Atos - Big Data and Analytics Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Big Data and Analytics Services Vendor Assessment for Atos is a comprehensive assessment of Atos’ big data and analytics service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managerslooking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
In 2015, Atos created its Atos Codex CoE to structure its big data, information management, and analytics (BDA) offerings. The CoE coordinates offerings, methodologies, accelerators, and platforms across:
- Atos' divisions: i.e. Business and Platform Solutions (B&PS, its C&S business), Infrastructure and Data Management (I&DM), its hardware business around its Bullion servers and its HPC equipment (through the Bull brand), and Worldline
- GBUs (geographies).
Atos Codex also acts as a central point of contact for Atos’ sales force to respond to internal and external queries. It is not a horizontal service line and does not own delivery; nor does it have P&L responsibility. Atos has set up a governance mechanism for Atos Codex between its B&PS, ID&M, and WLN Divisions. This governance involves offerings, large projects, marketing activities, partnerships, M&As, and internal training.
It also has a sales force to complement account managers (who manage 250 to 300 main clients). Atos Codex is managed at the board level by Ursula Morgenstern, who is the head of B&PS.
Atos Codex is the largest recipient of the Atos-Siemens joint innovation investment fund, which has a value €230m. This joint investment fund led to the creation of several asset-based offerings including the Business Data and Analytics Platform, which is Atos Codex's big data platform.
In 2017, as part of its Atos Codex offering, Atos integrated several new offerings including IoT and Industry 4.0, AI, RPA, and virtual agents/bots.
With the addition of these offerings, Atos is positioning Atos Codex as the offering which is the most anchored within new technologies (e.g. analytics, AI, RPA). Atos Codex is now structured around the following use cases and service offerings:
- New business models
- Operational improvement
Atos Codex involves 10k personnel across Atos' divisions; this represents ~10% of Atos' total headcount.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Atos’ big data and analytics service offerings, capabilities, and market and
financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook