- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Market Definition
- 2. Research Methodology
- 3. Executive Summary
- 4. Key Inferences
- 5. Market Overview
- 5.1 Current Market Scenario
- 5.2 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 5.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
- 6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
- 6.1 Market Driver
- 6.1.1 Increasing Healthcare Expenditure
- 6.1.2 Increasing Proteomics Research
- 6.1.3 Increasing R&D expenditure for the Development of Protein Labelling
- 6.2 Market Restraint
- 6.2.1 Lack of Skilled Professionals
- 6.2.2 High Cost of Products
- 6.3 Opportunities
- 6.4 Key Challenges
- 7. Market Segmentation
- 7.1 By Product
- 7.1.1 Reagents & Kits
- 7.1.2 Services
- 7.1.3 Other Products
- 7.2 By Application
- 7.2.1 Immunological Techniques
- 7.2.2 Cell-based Assays
- 7.2.3 Fluorescence Microscopy
- 7.2.4 Protein Microarrays
- 7.2.5 Mass Spectrometry
- 7.3 By Labeling Method
- 7.3.1 In-vitro Labeling
- 188.8.131.52 Enzymatic Labeling
- 184.108.40.206 Dye-based Labeling
- 220.127.116.11 Others
- 7.3.2 In-vivo Labeling
- 18.104.22.168 Photo-reactive Labeling
- 22.214.171.124 Radioactive Labeling
- 7.3.3 Radioactive Labeling
- 7.4 By Geography
- 7.4.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 7.4.2 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Spain
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 7.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Australia & New Zealand
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 7.4.4 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 GCC
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 7.4.5 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Merger & Acquisition Analysis
- 8.2 Agreements, Collaborations, and Partnerships
- 8.3 New Product Launches
- 9. Key Players
- 9.1 F Hoffman-La Roche AG
- 9.2 General Electric Healthcare Life Science
- 9.3 Kaneka Corporation
- 9.4 Li-Cor Inc.
- 9.5 Merck KGaA (Germany)
- 9.6 New England Biolabs
- 9.7 PerkinElmer Inc.
- 9.8 Promega Corporation
- 9.9 SeraCare Life Sciences Inc.
- 9.10 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- 9.11 Others
- 10. Future of the Market
Global Protein Labeling Market - Segmented by Product, Application, Labeling Method, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The global protein labeling market is expected to register a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. Due to the presence of major players in the region, North America dominates the global market.
Increasing R&D Expenditure for the Development of Protein Labeling
Increasing R&D expenditure leading to a reduction in process complexity for protein labeling by companies and the improvements in existing technologies are anticipated to accelerate the growth of protein labeling market. The market is also witnessing the launching of new products and increasing adoption of bioengineering technologies, thus bolstering the growth of the market studied.
Additionally, increasing proteomics research and increasing healthcare expenditure are fuelling the growth of the protein labeling market.
High Cost of Products
The reagents and kits that are used for the labeling of antibody or protein functional groups are expensive. Thus, due to this barrier, their use is restricted in some areas and alternatives are used for the diagnosis of chronic diseases, like cancer. These procedures are performed only by trained professionals. However, due to the lack of skilled professionals, the growth of protein labeling market is constrained, thus acting as a major barrier.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Highest CAGR
Due to technological advancements, rise in R&D investments, and surge in the demand for protein labeling products, North America dominates the market. The growth can also be attributed to a significant rise in healthcare expenditure in various countries of North America.
Due to the increasing demand in emerging economies and rising healthcare expenditure, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the fastest growth.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017 - Promega Corporation’s new bioluminescent HiBiT Protein Tagging System can be combined with CRISPR/CAS9-mediated gene editing that tag endogenous proteins.
Major Players: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA (Germany), PerkinElmer Inc., F Hoffman-La Roche AG, General Electric Healthcare Life Science, Kaneka Corporation, Li-Cor Inc., New England Biolabs, Promega Corporation, and SeraCare Life Sciences Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future protein labeling market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.