Global Fixed LTE Market - Segmented by Type of User (Residential, Commercial), Type of Solution (LTE Infrastructure, Other Solution Types ) and Region - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The Fixed LTE Market was valued at 15.02 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach a value of USD 53.57 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 24.5% over the forecast period (2018 - 2023).
The demand for data is accelerating; this phenomenon is not true for only mobile networks where data already generates the 95% of its world’s total traffic but also on fixed line networks. This enormous data consumption, mainly driven by video streaming and internet browsing, requires high-speed networks. While traditional revenue sources, such as mobile voice and texts, reaching their maturity in a number of markets and witnessing a progressive decline in their profits, LTE and LTE-A are empowering fast data flow that is demanded by the new Digital Society. In the developed regions, the optical fiber technology is having good traction indeed in high dense populated areas; but the Fixed-LTE technology is aggressively challenging the fixed-line connectivity in those areas that lack fixed broadband infrastructure, such as rural areas. Further, a fierce demand for broadband is bolstering the significant growth in the fixed wireless access point (AP) shipments. However, network performance concerns are hampering the growth of the market.
Growing Demand for High-Speed Broadband in Rural Areas Drive Market Growth
The delivery of high-speed broadband to rural locations has been a challenging task service providers. One of the most daunting concerns is the unpredictability of the soil composition while building broadband fiber infrastructure as the densely populated forests and tall trees can interfere with fixed wireless broadband connectivity. Further, the recent fixed LTE solutions are equipped to address these variables as they serve as a cost-effective alternative to drop, distribution and/or feeder fiber, providing a whole new set of deployment models to the traditional FTTx deployment models. One of the most significant markets for fixed LTE in rural areas is the United States. According to the Federal Communications Commission, 20 million people living in rural areas, do not have access to land-based internet communications, applications, and services at 25 Mbps. According to the World Bank, a 10% increase in broadband penetration can lead to a 1.21% growth in GDP in developed economies and a 1.38% growth in developing economies. Thus, pushing developed economies such as United States to tackle this issue in its rural areas.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Have Highest Market Share
Asia-Pacific has the highest volume of fixed LTE connections, which can be attributed to a large population using internet and the focus of governments to upgrade the existing infrastructure. The Chinese government's Broadband China Plan aims to provide nationwide broadband access with speeds of at least 50 Mbps in urban areas and 12 Mbps in rural areas, by 2020. Another major reason in China is the ongoing smart city developments, the construction of wireless cities, and the provision of faster broadband speeds by ISPs. Rapid growth in IP traffic and increasing demand for web-enabled devices like smartphones are further expected to drive the market. The growing IT expenditure and increasing government initiatives are further fuelling the growth of the Indian fixed LTE market.
Key Developments in the Market
- Apr 2018 - Huawei launched SingleRAN Pro to tackle 5G challenges. The solution features three stand out features- 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G on one network, an agile architecture for diverse services, and an automatic intelligent management system
- Feb 2018 - Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company, announced a new portfolio of US Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) 3.5 GHz LTE access points (APs) and associated cloud-based subscription services for use in enterprise and service provider networks.
Major Players -Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, Arris International Plc, Netgear Inc., Sagemcom Sas, Technicolor Sa, Zyxel Communications Corp. , ZTE Corporation, Telenet Systems Pvt. Ltd, Aztech Group Ltd, Shenzhen Zoolan Technology Co. Ltd, L-Com Global Connectivity, Samsung Group, Motorola Solutions Inc., Telrad Networks Ltd., Teltronics (Hytera), Telefonica Sa, AT&T Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., And Datang Telecom Technology & Industry Group, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future fixed LTE market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.