Global Benzene Market - Segmented by Derivative, and Geography – Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
BREAKING NEWS: In March 2016, Mitsui & Co Ltd. and Thai Oil Public Company Ltd. entered into a joint venture to establish Labix Company Ltd., a facility with the capacity to produce 100,000 tons of linear alkyl benzene (LAB), widely used for the production of detergents, annually.The market is estimated to count XX kilotons in 2017 and expected to reach XX kilo tons by 2022, registering a CAGR of XX% during 2017-2021 (the forecast period).Benzene, a colorless and flammable liquid used in industrial chemicals, is used to manufacture plastics, paints & coatings, resins, synthetic fibers, rubber lubricants, dyes, detergents, drugs, and pesticides. Growing demand for styrene polymers and polyesters from various end-user industries is driving the market for benzene, globally. However, there are a few restrains the market is facing, due to the detrimental effects of benzene exposure and production losses because of the turnarounds in Japan.In the report, the global benzene market has been segmented based on derivative. Ethyl benzene, with a market share of around XX%, was the largest market for benzene in 2016. Ethyl benzene, used to manufacture styrene polymers, is experiencing a demand growth from the electronic, automotive, consumer goods, and various other industries, thus, is expected to accelerate the market during 2017-2021 (the forecast period).Geographically, the market has been segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and Middle-East & Africa. In 2016, Asia-Pacific was the leading consumer of benzene market accounting for more than XX%. Increasing production of benzene, primarily in India and the Southeast Asia, has fueled the market in Asia-Pacific region.Opportunities and Major PlayersThe downstream expansion is expected to offer numerous growth opportunities for the global benzene market.Major Companies Dominating this Market Include:
• BASF SE
• Exxon Mobil Corporation
• Royal Dutch Shell PLC
• SINOPEC Zhongyuan Petrochemical Corp., Ltd.
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis, with the global and region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale
• Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global benzene market on the global and regional scale
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook