Cable MSO Market 2018 – 2025
The term multiple-system operator (MSO) refers to a network operator of multiple cable or direct-broadcast satellite television systems. We use the terminology Cable MSO in this report as MSOs are predominantly fixed connection providers that utilize fiber and largely cable for connectivity to homes and businesses. This category includes residential Internet, Voice over IP (VoIP), TV, and security services as well as a variety of business services. Cable MSOs such as Cox Communications have provided SMB services for a long time. With the advent of the Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) business model, many Cable MSOs have launched consumer wireless offerings as an MVNO. More recently, Cable MSO providers seek to leverage their assets to offer various Internet of Things (IoT) related applications and services.
In terms of IoT related services, Cable MSO companies hold a key role in connected home applications and services including home automation. Service areas include home security (monitoring, access control, automated lighting, etc.), connected appliances (refrigerator, washer/drier, whole house vacuum, etc.), HVAC systems, irrigation systems, and entertainment including TV service, video on demand, and competition with Over-the-Top (OTT) service providers. One of the ways that Cable MSOs can differentiate themselves versus OTT providers is to become one themselves by leveraging Telecom APIs. In fact, there are a few good arguments for cable companies using the OTT model only for wireless service rather than a traditional MVNO model.
This report evaluates Cable MSO ecosystem players, technologies, solutions, and market opportunities. This includes traditional residential and SMB services as well as the broader B2B market for fixed network providers, IoT market opportunities, wireless/mobility and other consumer services. The report evaluates these market opportunities and provides forecasts for every major sub-segment from 2018 through 2025. The report also evaluates the impact of 5G and edge computing on Cable MSO network operators.
The report also assesses the Cable MSO business service environment, landscape, and investment strategies such as the impact and opportunities surrounding developments with Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS). Looking beyond simply migration from coaxial cable to fiber networks, the report takes into consideration important technical matters such as Cable MSO converged IP/MPLS network architectures, IoT networks and functionality. The report evaluates how these technical considerations relate to market opportunities such as Cable MSO IoT vertical coverage.
The report also evaluates the impact of artificial intelligence on Cable MSO providers. Finally, the report also provides a summation with conclusions and recommendations for all industry constituents. All direct purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
• Cable MSOs have a key role in consumer IoT and connected homes
• OTT service providers are at a competitive disadvantage to Cable MSOs
• Overall Cable MSO B2B services will grow at 8.8% CAGR during the study period
• Strategic focus of Cable MSOs is optimal infrastructure and ensuring high quality services
• Successful Cable MSOs will successfully leverage Multi Access Edge Computing infrastructure
Select Report Benefits:
• Market by connectivity including cable, fiber, satellite, and other wireless
• Market by market sector including residential, enterprise, industrial, and government services
• Business services market by type including small and medium business (SMB) and enterprise customers
• Market by networking type including consumer wireless, cable modem, set-top box, WiFi router, and VoIP devices
• Market by business solutions including cloud hosting, device and video management, converged cable access, and more
• Enterprise market by industry verticals including finance, healthcare, education, hospitality, media and entertainment, and others
• Enterprise service support including digital media and imaging, telemedicine, eLearning, grid computing, e-government, and more
• Network operators
• IoT service providers
• ICT infrastructure suppliers
• Content and application providers
• Datacenters and cloud services providers
Organizations in Report:
• Accedian Networks Inc.
• ADVA Optical Networking
• Altice USA
• AT&T Inc.
• Atlantic Broadband
• Blue Ridge Communications
• Buckeye Broadband
• Cable Labs
• Cable One Inc.
• Charter Communications
• Ciena Corporation
• Cincinnati Bell Inc.
• Cisco Systems Inc.
• Cogent Communications Inc.
• Consolidated Communications
• Cox Communications Inc.
• EXFO Inc.
• Frontier Communications Corporation
• Fujitsu Ltd.
• GCI Communications Corp.
• Google Fiber
• Greenlee Communications
• GTT Communications Inc.
• Harmonic Inc.
• Juniper Networks Inc.
• Liberty Cablevision
• Mediacom Communications Corporation
• Midcontinent Communications
• Nokia Corporation
• Pacific Broadband Networks
• Ribbon Communications
• Rogers Communications
• Service Electric Cable TV Inc.
• Shandong Cable Network
• Shaw Communications
• Sprint Corporation
• Telephone and Data Systems Inc.
• TPG Internet Pty Ltd ABN
• Verizon Wireless
• Virgin Media
• WaveDivision Holdings LLC
• WideOpenWest Finance LLC
• Windstream Communications
• Zayo Group LLC
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook