Wi-Fi Market by Component (Solutions (Access Points and WLAN Controllers) and Services (Network Planning and Design)), Density (High-Density Wi-Fi and Enterprise-Class Wi-Fi), Vertical, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Rapid adoption of cloud, flexible and scalable delivery model, and reduced cost of ownership are expected to drive the Wi-Fi market growth.”
The global Wi-Fi market is expected to grow from USD 5.96 billion in 2017 to USD 15.60 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.2% during the forecast period. The market growth is driven by the increased implementation of BYOD and IoT among enterprises. On the other hand, stringent government rules and regulations may restrain the growth of the market.
“Education vertical is expected to hold the largest market size during the forecast period.”
With the education vertical evolving, the introduction of internet and smart devices has significantly encouraged the eLearning segment in this vertical. In the current scenario, eLearning has been introduced and is accessible even in rural areas, owing to the availability of Wi-Fi. The education vertical is flourishing due to the increased use of smart devices, wireless technology, and internet services. As compared to wired internet services, wireless services are more reliable and easy to access; Wi-Fi is less time consuming and is available as and when required. Growing implementation of BYOD within organizations and emergence of IoT act are driving the Wi-Fi market.
“North America is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The North American region is expected to gain major traction in the Wi-Fi market during the forecast period. The US and Canada are developed economies and favorable markets for Wi-Fi vendors. The region has the presence of several major vendors offering Wi-Fi solutions and services. In the US and Canada, enterprises are continuously adopting Wi-Fi solutions to gain a competitive edge, by leveraging the Wi-Fi services.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for the several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of the profiles of the primary participants is given below:
• By Company: Tier 1 – 27%, Tier 2 – 31%, and Tier 3 – 42%
• By Designation: C-Level – 35%, Director Level – 40%, and Others – 25%
• By Region: North America – 42%, Europe – 34%, APAC – 24%
The Wi-Fi ecosystem comprises major vendors, such as Cisco (US), Aruba (US), Ruckus Wireless (US), Juniper Networks (US), Ericsson (Sweden), Panasonic (Japan), Huawei (China), Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise (France), Netgear (US), Aerohive Networks (US), and Riverbed Technology (US).
The report includes in-depth competitive analysis of these key players in the Wi-Fi market, along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies. The research report segments the Wi-Fi market by component, density, vertical, and region.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The Wi-Fi market has been segmented on the basis of components (solutions [access points, WLAN controller, wireless hotspot gateways, and others] and services [network planning and design, support, installation, and survey and analysis]) density (high-density Wi-Fi, and enterprise-class Wi-Fi), verticals, and regions. The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. The report segments the Wi-Fi market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and its subsegments. The market numbers are further split across various verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. The report assists stakeholders in better understanding their competitors and gaining more insights to improve the position of their businesses. There is a separate section on the competitive landscape, which includes the competitor ecosystem, and mergers and acquisitions. Besides, the company profiles of 10 players offering services in this market have been provided. In this section, the market internals have been offered which can help the stakeholders to stay ahead of their competitors.