Honeycomb Core Materials Market by Type (Paper, Aluminum, Thermoplastic, Nomex), Application (Composites, Non-composites), End-use Industry (Aerospace & Defense, Packaging, Transportation, Construction & Infrastructure), Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“The honeycomb core materials market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% from 2017 to 2022”
The honeycomb core materials market is projected to reach USD 3.21 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 9.5% from 2017 to 2022. The key factor expected to drive the growth of the honeycomb core materials market across the globe is the increasing need for recyclable and lightweight packaging solutions. The rapidly increasing e-commerce, along with the need for safe and secure transportation of products, adds to the demand of paper honeycomb core materials, thus driving the market. Also, the use of Nomex and aluminum honeycombs in high-performance applications in aerospace & defense and transportation also drives the market. However, the absorbance of water and moisture by open cells of the honeycomb core and the high cost of Nomex honeycombs may restrain the growth of the market.
“Based on type, the paper segment is projected to lead the market, in terms of value and volume, during the forecast period”
Paper honeycombs are 100% recyclable, are organic, and environmentally friendly. They are lightweight, strong, resistant to compression, safe, and versatile. Paper honeycombs are increasingly used in the furniture, automotive, and packaging industries.
“Among applications, the non-composites segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, in terms of value and volume, during the forecast period”
Non-composite applications of honeycomb core materials include packaging boxes, pallets, elevators, kitchen cabinets, and so on. The increasing need for lightweight and economical products has triggered the growth of the non-composites application segment of the honeycomb core materials market. Honeycomb core materials are lightweight and are used in protective packaging applications. They are expected to efficiently replace denser materials, such as wood and plastic.
“The Asia Pacific honeycomb core materials market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, in terms of value and volume, between 2017 and 2022”
The Asia Pacific honeycomb core materials market is projected grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the honeycomb core materials market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to the increasing demand from the region’s packaging, construction & infrastructure, and transportation industries.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided into the following three categories:
• By Company Type- Tier 1 - 40%, Tier 2 - 20%, and Tier 3 - 40%
• By Designation- C Level - 25%, Director Level - 25%, and Others - 50%
• By Region- Asia Pacific - 55%, Europe - 25%, North America - 10%, Middle East & Africa - 5%, and South America - 5%
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the profiles of the companies listed below:
• Hexcel Corporation (US)
• Honicel (Netherlands)
• Packaging Corporation of America (US)
• Argosy International (US)
• Euro-Composites (Luxembourg)
• Grigeo (Lithuania)
• Dufaylite Developments (UK)
• CARTOFLEX (Serbia)
• Corinth (Netherlands)
• Axxion (Netherlands)
This report covers the honeycomb core materials market and forecasts the size of the market till 2022. The report includes the segmentation of the honeycomb core materials market based on type, application, end-use industry, and region. The Porter’s five forces analysis, along with drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities of the honeycomb core materials market, has been discussed in the report. The report also provides company profiles and competitive benchmarking adopted by the major players operating in the honeycomb core materials market.
Benefits of Buying the Report
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in the honeycomb core materials market in the following ways:
• This report segments the honeycomb core materials market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of revenues for the overall market and its subsegments across different verticals and regions.
• The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities of the honeycomb core materials market.
• This report is also expected to help the stakeholders understand their competitors and gain insights to improve their position in the honeycomb core materials market. The competitive landscape section includes an ecosystem of competitors and detailed information on new product launches, expansions, agreements & partnerships, and acquisitions.