Healthcare EDI Market by Component (Solution, Service), Delivery Mode (Web & Cloud, Mobile) Transaction Type (Claims Management, Remittance, Payments, Healthcare Supply Chain), End User (Healthcare Provider, Payer, Pharmacies) - Global Forecast to 2022
The global healthcare EDI market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 3.77 billion by 2022. The growth of this market is driven by the rising need to reduce healthcare expenditure, the development of mandatory regulations for EDI transaction processes, and government support for HCIT implementation. However, data security and the high implementation cost of EDI software are expected to restrain the growth of this market to a certain extent during the forecast period.
“Mobile EDI segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
On the basis of delivery mode, the healthcare EDI market is segmented into web & cloud-based EDI, EDI VAN, point-to-point EDI, and mobile EDI. The mobile EDI segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the technological upgrades in the healthcare industry and growing acceptance of mobile solutions among healthcare providers.
“Healthcare payers segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during 2017 to 2022.”
Based on end user, the healthcare EDI market is segmented into healthcare providers, healthcare payers, medical device & pharmaceutical industry, and pharmacies. The healthcare payers segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the increasing number of private insurance players in the market.
“APAC is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.”
North America held the largest share of the global healthcare EDI market in 2016. On the other hand, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the growing need to manage large volume of patient data, need to curb healthcare costs, implementation of HCIT programs, and investments & reforms to modernize the APAC healthcare system.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
• By Company Type – Tier 1–33%, Tier 2–45% and Tier 3–22%
• By Designation – C-level–11%, Director Level–45%, Others–44%
• By Region – North America – 34%, Europe–22%, Asia-Pacific–33%, RoW–11%
Some of the major market players in the healthcare EDI market are McKesson Corporation (U.S.), GE Healthcare (U.S.), Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc. (U.S.), Cognizant Technology Corporation (U.S.), SSI Group, LLC (U.S.), Cerner Corporation (U.S.), Comarch SA (Poland), Axway Software SA (France), Optum Inc. (U.S.), Dell Technologies Inc. (U.S.), Quality Systems Inc. (U.S.), and Synnex Corporation (U.S.).
The report analyzes the various types of solutions and services and their adoption pattern. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the global healthcare EDI market for different segments such as component, delivery mode, transaction type, end user, and region. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them, garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening the market.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the global healthcare EDI market. The report analyzes the global healthcare EDI market by component, delivery mode, transaction type, end user, and region
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and new product launches in the global healthcare EDI market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging regions by component, delivery mode, transaction type, end user, and region
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, and recent developments in the global healthcare EDI market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, and products of leading players in the global healthcare EDI market