Decorative Concrete Market by Type (Stamped, Stained, Colored, Polished, Epoxy Coating, Concrete Overlays), Application (Floors, Driveways & Sidewalks, Walls, Patios, Pool Decks), End-use Sector, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Market for decorative concrete projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.66%.”
The global market for decorative concrete is projected to grow from USD 9.26 billion in 2017 to reach USD 12.78 billion by 2022, at an estimated CAGR of 6.66%. The decorative concrete market is driven by factors such as growth in interest of consumers toward decoration, rapid urbanization, and demand for green buildings. Factors such as growth in the demand from the end-use sector and rise in the number of renovation & remodeling activities are further driving the demand for decorative concrete. Emerging markets such as the Asia-Pacific region have contributed to the increase in the application of decorative concrete in the construction industry. High prices of the treatment are a restraining factor for the decorative concrete market.
“The market for stained concrete projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The stained type of decorative concrete is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022. The increasing demand from residential and non-residential sectors is driving the growth of the stained concrete segment in the decorative concrete market. Stamped carpets account for the majority share of the decorative concrete market, since they are extremely durable, easy to maintain, and have longer life span. It is the most common concrete type used to construct floors for both indoor and outdoor applications. The high demand and rapid growth of this concrete are supported by its easy and quick manufacturing process, coupled with reasonable pricing when compared to other concrete types.
“Asia-Pacific projected to gain maximum traction during the forecast period.”
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, followed by the North American region. In Asia-Pacific, China is estimated as the largest consumer for decorative concrete in 2017, followed by India. China, with its growing residential & non-residential sector of the construction industries, is expected to drive the decorative concrete market. The major driving factors of the market in Asia-Pacific are the rise in construction activities and expansion of end-use industries. China accounted for the largest market for decorative concrete in the region in 2016. India has successfully been able to register a significant share in the market for decorative concrete on a global level. The population growth rate in India is higher than that of China, projecting India as the most populous country by 2030, according to the Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India; this is driving the growth of the construction, transportation, and infrastructure industries.
Breakdown of primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts to collect data related to different aspects of decorative concrete. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 - 35%, Tier 2 - 30%, and Tier 3 - 35%
• By Designation: C level - 65% and Manager level - 35%
• By Region: Europe - 28%, North America - 25%, Asia-Pacific - 22%, Middle East & Africa - 15%, and South America - 10%
The various suppliers of decorative concrete and related products in the report are as follows:
1. BASF SE (Germany)
2. PPG Industries, Inc. (U.S.)
3. 3M Company (U.S.)
4. E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.)
5. RPM International Inc. (U.S.)
6. Huntsman International LLC (U.S.)
7. The Sherwin-Williams Company (U.S.)
8. Boral Limited (Australia)
9. CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (Mexico)
10. Sika AG (Switzerland)
11. UltraTech Cement Limited (India)
12. The Euclid Chemical Company (U.S.)
13. Fosroc International (U.K.)
14. HeidelbergCement AG (Germany)
15. Hexion Inc. (U.S.)
16. Parchem Construction Supplies (Australia)
17. Lafargeholcim Ltd (Switzerland)
18. Mapei S.p.A (Italy)
19. McKnight Custom Concrete, Inc. (U.S.)
20. Bomanite India (India)
21. U.S. Concrete Inc. (U.S.)
22. W.R.Grace & Co (U.S.)
23. Dex-O-Tex (U.S.)
24. Covestro AG (Germany)
The report defines, segments, and projects the decorative concrete market size on the basis of type, application, end-use sector, and region. The study analyzes competitive developments such as acquisitions, expansions, and new product launches in the decorative concrete market.
This report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments and studies the decorative concrete market comprehensively and provides the closest approximation of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. This report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook