Connected Enterprise Market by Platform (Device, Connectivity Management & Application Enablement), Solution, Service (Professional and Managed Services), Vertical, and Region - Global Forecast to 2021
“The evolution of technologies such as big data, cloud, and mobile devices in enterprises across the globe and the increasing adoption of smart connected devices are some of the factors expected to drive the connected enterprise market”
The connected enterprise market size is estimated to grow from USD 102.60 billion in 2016 to USD 400.87 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 31.3%. The growth can be attributed to the increasing need for automation and cloud computing across industries to help an enterprise run at its best capacity and save time, energy, and funds. The growing number of smart devices is generating voluminous data for better processes and operations to help gather various process insights. Operations improvement measures are also driving the growth of the market in the region; high technological spending in North America and Europe are also contributing to the growth of the connected enterprise market in these regions. However, the lack of uniform Internet of Things (IoT) standards is restraining the growth of the connected enterprise market.
“Growing manufacturing and energy & utilities vertical is expected to gain prominent traction during the forecast period”
The contribution of IoT in manufacturing operations has helped to increase production and induce time and cost efficiency. It brings the opportunity for the manufacturing companies to make a change in operational innovation and operational excellence. Energy companies will be more efficient, more flexible, and will be able to predict the asset performance. Owing to the importance of safety in energy enterprises, IoT can be helpful in avoiding mishaps such as fire or leakage of fuels.
“North America is expected to witness a high growth potential during the forecast period”
North America is expected to account for the largest market share in 2016. The drivers responsible for the growth of the connected enterprise market in North America are stable economy, technological advancements, and newer infrastructure demands. With the increasing use of connected enterprise solutions in government & other industry verticals such as retail, automotive, financial, healthcare, utilities, and manufacturing in the U.S., the connected enterprise market is set to grow at a rapid pace in the region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key industry personnel. The break-up profile of primary discussion participants is given below.
By Company Type: Tier-1 (35%), Tier-2 (40%), and Tier-3 (25%) companies
By Designation: C-level (40%), Director Level (30%), and others (30%)
By Region: North America (40%), Asia-Pacific (APAC) (25%), Europe (20%), and Rest of World (15%)
The various key connected enterprise vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Rockwell Automation, Inc. (U.S.)
2. Cisco Systems (California, U.S.)
3. IBM Corporation (New York, U.S.)
4. Microsoft Corporation (Washington, U.S.)
5. Bosch (Stuttgart, Germany)
6. General Electric (New York, U.S.)
7. PTC (Massachusetts, U.S.)
8. Honeywell International (New Jersey, U.S.)
9. Accelerite (California, U.S.)
10. Verizon Communications, Inc. (New Jersey, U.S.)
The report carries discussion on various connected enterprise segments, such as by platform (device management, connectivity management, application enablement), by solutions (real time collaboration, enterprise infrastructure management, streaming analytics, security solution, data management, remote monitoring system, network management, mobile workforce management, customer experience management, asset performance management), by verticals (BFSI, healthcare and life science, retail and ecommerce, telecommunication and IT, manufacturing, government, energy and utilities, media and enterprise, others), by service (professional services, managed services).
Reasons to buy the report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in connected enterprise market in the following ways:
1. The connected enterprise report segments the market into various sub-segments covering this market comprehensively. The report provides the closest approximations of the market size for the overall market and the sub-segments.
2. The connected enterprise report will help in the understanding of the competitors better and gain more insights to strengthen one’s market position. There is a separate section on competitive landscape, which includes competitor ecosystem and mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations. Besides, there are company profiles of the top ten players in the connected enterprise market, where market internals that can put one ahead of the competitors, have been provided.
3. The connected enterprise report also helps in understanding the overall growth of the market. It provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook