Mobile Value-Added Services in Europe: Forces Driving and Inhibiting Enterprise MVAS for MNOs
The first section presents a set of definitions and taxonomy for MVAs. It then provides the market context, including MVAs adoption trends based on the enterprise survey, and looks at the major forces driving and inhibiting MVAs adoption across enterprises in Europe. The report contains two case studies of MNOs, providing in-depth views of the strategies and technologies used in the MVAs space.
Features and benefits
- What are MVAs and why is adoption of them high in Europe?
- Learn about market drivers and inhibitors
- Explore working examples of telecommunications services providers
Your key questions answered
- An enterprise investment survey conducted by Current Analysis shows that 69% of enterprises expect their spending on MVAs to increase over the next 12 months, and 34% rely on MNOs to manage their MVAs. MNOs have a strong position in the MVAs market in Europe and will continue to be the first choice for European enterprises deploying MVAs services.
- MNOs are expected to invest substantially in technology over the next five years to help automate the development, provisioning, billing integration, sales and marketing of MVAS. MNOs will adopt technology platforms from well-established vendors such as MobileIron, AirWatch (VMware), SAP, IBM, Jasper and FeedHenry (Red Hat).
- IT service providers and small consulting specialists (including VARs), account for the second and third largest numbers of enterprise MVAs deployments in Europe. The MVAs ecosystem in the region is fairly strong, and it continues to gain the support of MVAs technology partners and platform providers.
- What are MVAs?
- Why are enterprises across Europe adopting MVAs?
- What are the major market drivers and inhibitors?
- MVAS TAXONOMY AND SERVICE OFFERINGS
- Enterprise MVAS definition and service providers
- The enterprise MVAS value chain and the role of MNOs
- Enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) services
- Enterprise mobile applications services
- Mobile professional services and managed services for enterprises
- ENTERPRISE MVAS ADOPTION TRENDS IN EUROPE
- Enterprise investment plans survey provides insight
- Mobility and BYOD are driving the enterprise MVAS market in Europe
- European enterprise spending on MVAS will increase, producing significant cost savings
- To manage their MVAS, European enterprises tend to rely on internal IT support
- In many Europe enterprises, IT departments alone make the MVAS purchasing decisions
- Enterprise MVAS offerings in Europe
- MARKET DRIVERS AND INHIBITORS
- Key factors affecting the evolution of enterprise MVAS in Europe
- Driven by LTE deployments, MVAS adoption will increase
- FMC enhances the mobile worker experience
- Technology partnerships help MNOs accelerate time to market and adoption Technology vendors are playing a central role in the delivery of MVAS services through technology platforms, new business models and partnerships.
- Decision-making is shifting toward individual lines of business
- The MVAS ecosystem in Europe is fairly mature, with a robust set of global partners
- The growing enterprise adoption of mobile apps is intensifying security threats
- OPERATORS EXPANDING INTO MVAS
- In the UK, EE is helping enterprises uncover new revenue streams by offering 4G connections for mobile workforces
- To boost its enterprise MVAS business, EE is launching new mobile apps
- To focus on new business avenues for M2M, EE pursues strategic alliances with M2M technology vendors
- Telefónica extended its global IoT/M2M reach using its global M2M partner program
- Telefónica’s global account management model allows it to serve the requirements of both global and local business customers
- Telefónica is pursuing strategic alliances to find new customers for its IoT/M2M offerings
- MVAs a high priority in Europe, MNOs growing interest
- Further Reading
- Ask the analyst
- About MarketLine