Japan Software 2015 Top 10 Predictions
This study discusses 10 topics that IDC believes will have an impact on the Japan software market in 2015, and gives IDC's expectations for the market. In 2014 Japan's software market saw special demand created by the change in the government's finance policy and the end of support for Windows XP, and a sudden demand surge from the increase in the consumption tax, and the convergence of these events helped the market. IDC predicts that the Japan software market in 2015 will undergo a structural change due to the 3rd Platform, and it will begin to reveal the success or failure of the strategies and investment in the 3rd platform over the past several years. "In 2015, vendors, system integrators, and telecommunications carriers in the Japan software market must assess the structural changes that will occur in a 'cloud-first' market, build an optimized licensing model, and decide to apply that to the ecosystem that is changing due to the emergence of cloud self-service," says Takashi Manabe, software and security Group Manager, IDC Japan.Please Note:
Extended description available upon request.
- In This Study
- Situation Overview
- Future Outlook
- 1. As the 3rd-Platform shift picks up speed, there will be a shakeout of market players.
- 2. The progress of the hybrid cloud will accelerate the adoption of the software-defined infrastructure.
- 3. PaaS will become the primary battlefield for competing cloud vendors, providing business opportunities to independent software vendors (ISV) and systems integrators (SI).
- 4. The cloud ERM market will expand due to globalization of enterprises
- 5. Big Data/analytics will become a practical option for many businesses due to the cloud and self-service analytics.
- 6. Marketing automation use and client data will begin to merge
- 7. Mobile application development and use will drive expansion of the enterprise mobile management market
- 8. Industry-specialized systems will promote the business use of social technology
- 9. Cloud services will become more entrenched in Japan's UC&C market, and cloud-native UC&C service providers will start to appear
- 10. Optimized security technology will rise, which will promote the implementation of proactive defensive measures that use security intelligence
- Security technology optimized for the 3rd Platform
- Multi-layered defense technologies to resist targeted cyberattacks
- Proactive Defense Technologies that Employ Interactive Security Intelligence
- Essential Guidance
- Learn More
- Related Research