Over-the-Top Video in Asia Pacific: Content and Pricing Strategies
Over-the-Top Video in Asia Pacific: Content and Pricing Strategies, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the Over the Top (OTT) video market in Asia Pacific. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the OTT Video market, analyzing key trends on content offers, business models for content delivery and pricing strategies.
The OTT video market in Asia Pacific is highly competitive and features strong competition between regional players and international providers. OTT video service providers come in a variety of forms, including pay-TV operators, broadcasters, Internet distributors, online retailers, production studios, media companies, telecom operators and IT vendors.
It provides in-dep
th analysis of the following - Scope
- Section 1: OTT Video Content Strategies; a look at OTT video market definition and types of OTT video providers. This section details OTT video best practices regarding content trends, content offers and content delivery formats.
- Section 2: OTT Video Pricing Strategies; an analysis on OTT video business models and pricing strategies for SVOD and TVOD;
- Section 3: Case studies; four case studies of leading Asia Pacific OTT video market players are presented in this section, showcasing their KPIs and growth strategy.
- Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for Telecom operators, OTT video service providers and regulators.
Reasons to buy
- Most OTT platforms in APAC provide hybrid models, both in terms of revenue models (AVoD, SVoD and TVoD) as well as in terms of live versus video on demand content.
- Rising competition for content acquisition has increased content costs and driven many OTT players to invest in production of their own content.
- The rise of live streaming platforms is prominent in Asia. OTT video platforms that focus on providing a platform for live streams of both professional and amateur content creators in niche categories like gaming, fashion and makeup have gained success.
- The new content format has wide appeal among young viewers, while investors are encouraged by the potential for quicker returns compared to traditional OTT video due to relatively lower costs.
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the OTT video business models for content delivery in the Asia Pacific market to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- Four case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the OTT video market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the OTT video market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for Telecom operators, OTT video service providers and regulators.
- With more than 10 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the OTT video market, analyzing OTT video content trends and offers, business models for content delivery and pricing strategies.
- Executive summary
- Section 1: OTT Video Content Strategies
- OTT video definition and market context
- OTT video content best practices
- Section 2: OTT Video Pricing Strategies
- OTT video business models and pricing strategy
- Section 3: Case Studies
- V Live
- Tencent Video
- Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations
- Key findings
- OTT video content index
- Companies mentioned
- Acronyms and definitions
- About the authors
- Contact information
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Types of OTT video providers
- Exhibit 2: OTT video providers in Asia Pacific by type, 2018
- Exhibit 3: Select OTT video content trends, Asia Pacific, 2018
- Exhibit 4: OTT video content offers, 2018
- Exhibit 5: OTT video content delivery format, Asia Pacific, 2018
- Exhibit 6: Pricing of SVoD OTT providers, 2018
- Exhibit 7: Pricing of TVoD OTT providers, 2018
- Exhibit 8: SVoD OTT video player positioning in Asia Pacific based on pricing and content strategy, 2018
- Exhibit 9: SVoD OTT video player positioning in Asia Pacific based on pricing and content strategy, 2018*
- Exhibit 10: OTT video content index composition