Venezuela Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Venezuela Telecom Operator Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Venezuela today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in Venezuela is expected to decline from US$249.0 million in 2020 to about US$223.1 million by 2025. However when valued in local currency, revenue will expand at a positive CAGR over 2020-2025. The mobile data segment will account for 44.3% of service revenue in 2020 and will remain the largest revenue contributor throughout the forecast period 2020-2025, supported by increasing data ARPS and a gradual rise in smartphone subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Venezuela.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- Overall telecom service revenue in Venezuela will decline at a CAGR of 2.2% in US dollar terms during 2020-2025.
- Mobile services will account for 86.5% of total telecom revenue in 2025, driven by increasing data ARPS and increasing smartphone subscriptions.
- 3G is the most adopted mobile technology in 2020. 4G will surpass 3G in 2024 and will go on to account for 58.5% of subscriptions by 2025, driven by LTE network expansion by MNOs.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Venezuela’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Venezuela’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Venezuela’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Venezuela.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData