United Arab Emirates (UAE) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
United Arab Emirates (UAE)Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the United Arab Emirates today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in the UAE will grow at a CAGR of 3.8%, supported by revenue growth in mobile data, pay-TV, and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data services revenue will increase at a robust CAGR of 7%, driven by the increasing adoption of higher ARPU 5G plans and telcos’ increased focus on data-centric plans. Fixed broadband services revenue will increase at a robust CAGR of 6.3%, driven by strong growth in FTTH/B subscriptions and inclining broadband ARPU. Pay-TV services revenue in the UAE will increase to reach US$646 million by 2026. This growth is mainly supported by subscription gains across both DTH and IPTV over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in the United Arab Emirates.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in the United Arab Emirates will grow at a CAGR of 3.8% over 2021-2026.
- Mobile service revenue will account for 53.5% of the total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in 2026, driven by by the increasing adoption of higher ARPU 5G plans and telcos’ increased focus on data-centric plans.
- 4G will remain the most adopted mobile technology in 2021, while 5G will corner 69.2% subscriptions share by the end of 2026.
- Etisalat leads the UAE’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2021, followed by Du. Both operators are focusing on 5G network upgrades.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the United Arab Emirates’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the United Arab Emirates’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband, and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the United Arab Emirates’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the United Arab Emirates.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData