Telecom infrastructure equipment sector scorecard - Thematic Research
Over the next five years, telecom operators will increase their investments in 5G and edge computing, benefiting the equipment vendors that dominate this market. 5G roll-outs have been slower than many analysts expected and, outside of the US, China, South Korea, and Japan, demand for 5G equipment will remain underwhelming.
Also, the leading 5G equipment vendors - Huawei, Ericsson, and Nokia - will have to deal with a tense geopolitical environment. Edge computing - which allows the processing of data-rich services to take place at the edge of the network, closer to the customer - will be the main growth driver in the telecom infrastructure market in 2020. Silicon photonics - an emerging technology that can increase data transfer speeds - is still very much in the development phase but, in the longer term, this is the technology that will truly disrupt the telecom equipment market.
This report provides information on key themes that will impact the telecom infrastructure equipment sector over the next two years, including 5G, IoT, silicon photonics, SDN, edge computing, and blockchain.
Reasons to buy
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and lagging companies.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the telecom infrastructure equipment sector.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last three years.
- It looks at major technology and macro-economic trends impacting the telecom infrastructure equipment sector.
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries. This telecom infrastructure equipment sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their market.
- Theme map
- Table Figure 1: Our theme map shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the tech, media, and telecoms sector
- Sector performance
- Table Figure 2: Since the beginning of 2017, application software developers and cloud services companies have outperformed whilst traditional advertisers and telecom operators have underperformed
- Company performance
- Table Figure 3: Price momentum
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Table Macroeconomic trends
- Sector scorecard: telecom infrastructure equipment
- Who's who
- Table Figure 4: Who's who
- Thematic screen
- Table Figure 5: Thematic screen
- Valuation screen
- Table Figure 6: Valuation screen
- Risk screen
- Table Figure 7: Risk screen
- Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
- Viewing the world's data by themes makes it easier to make important decisions
- Traditional research does a poor job of picking winners and losers
- That is why we developed our "thematic engine"
- How do we create our sector scorecards?
- Table Figure 8: Our five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard
- What is in our sector scorecards?
- How do we score companies in our thematic screen?
- How our research reports fit into our overall thematic research ecosystem
- About GlobalData
- Contact us