Paraguay: Country Intelligence Report
Paraguay’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow to US$1.2bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 2.8% (4.4% in local currency) over 2017-2022, driven by projected growth in the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 14.8% (16.6% when analyzed in terms of local currency) over 2017-2022, reaching US$595m by the end of 2022, driven by rising smartphone penetration, growing adoption of 3G/4G services, and the subsequent rise in consumption of online videos and social media applications on mobile handset platforms.
Total mobile subscriptions in Paraguay will reach an estimated 7.8m by year-end 2017, making it the 14th largest mobile market in Latin America by subscription count. Over the next five years, mobile operators will add a combined total of 1.1m subscriptions, bringing Paraguay’s total mobile subscriptions to 8.9m by 2022.
Tigo Paraguay will be the market leader in mobile, fixed broadband and pay-TV markets with shares of 47.5%, 58.5% and 59.7% of subscriptions in these segments, respectively, as of 2017. In order to sustain its position in the mobile market, Tigo will continue to expand its 3G/4G network to tap into the rising demand for high-speed data services, and has earmarked US$617m to be spent over five years.
The report Paraguay: Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Paraguay today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Moreover, this report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In depth, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Paraguay.
- The regulatory environment and trends: A review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: Analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: An examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: Analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Tigo Paraguay, Copaco, Vox, Personal Paraguay, Claro ParaguayScope
Reasons to buy
- Growing adoption of 3G/4G services, and subsequent rise in consumption of online videos and social media applications on mobile handset platforms, will drive mobile data revenue, making mobile data the largest segment within the telecom market in Paraguay by 2020, surpassing mobile voice.
- Tigo Paraguay leads Paraguay’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Personal Paraguay. Both operators, which together have more than 80% of the mobile market, compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades and competitively priced offers to strengthen their market position.
- Pay-TV services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2017 to 2022. This will be driven by continued rise in cable TV connections and a projected rise in DTH and IPTV subscriptions. Rising adoption of multiplay services will also drive market revenue.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Paraguay’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Paraguay’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Paraguay’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Paraguay.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macro and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Tigo Paraguay
- Copaco (Vox)
- Personal Paraguay
- Claro Paraguay
- Additional resources
- Forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- About the authors
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData