Mauritius: Country Intelligence Report
Telecom service revenue in Mauritius will grow at a CAGR of 2.3%. Growth in the market will be primarily driven by mobile data and fixed broadband services. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-generating segment in 2017 with 40.4% of total service revenue for the year. However, mobile voice services will see steady decline in revenue, as more users switch over to OTT-based voice solutions.
Mobile data will become the largest revenue contributor by 2022, accounting for one-third of the total service revenue market. Mobile data will also be the fastest-growing segment with revenue to increase at a CAGR of 9.8% over the forecast period. Increasing smartphone subscriptions and the rising adoption of 3G/4G technologies for video, OTT and other data services will drive growth in mobile data revenue.
Fixed broadband market will see a CAGR of 5%+ during 2017-2022, led by fiber expansion projects initiated by operators such as Mauritius Telecom, which invested MRs5.1bn for expanding FTTH connectivity to the entire nation by the end of 2017.
Mobile subscription penetration in Mauritius will increase from an estimated 147.7% in 2017 to 169.3% in 2022. This is mostly due to a growth in smartphones, connected data devices and M2M subscriptions. With estimated 1.9m mobile subscriptions by year-end 2017, Mauritius is one of the smallest mobile markets in the Africa & Middle East region. Over the next five years, mobile operators will add a combined 0.3m subscriptions, bringing Mauritius’s total mobile subscriptions to 2.1m by year-end 2022.
The report Mauritius: Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mauritius today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022.
Specially, this report allows the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Mauritius.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: Analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: An examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom service market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: Analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Mauritius Telecom, Orange Mauritius, Emtel, MTMLScope
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom service revenue in Mauritius will grow at a CAGR of 2.3% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile voice services, which will account for a majority 40.4% of total mobile revenue in 2017, will see its share fall to about 29.9% by 2022.
- Orange Mauritius will account for 54.0% of total mobile subscriptions by the end of 2017. The operator will remain the largest player through the forecast period banking on its highly reliable 4G network.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Mauritius’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Mauritius’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Mauritius’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Mauritius.
- Market highlights 4
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
- Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
- Regulatory context 8
- Telecom services market outlook 9
- Total telecom service revenue 10
- Mobile services market 12
- Fixed services market 18
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots 20
- Competitive landscape 21
- Orange Mauritius 22
- Mauritius Telecom 23
- Emtel 24
- MTML 25
- Additional resources 26
- Baseline forecast assumptions 27
- Data tables 28
- Glossary 30
- Research methodology 33
- About the authors 34
- Country Intelligence Report coverage 35
- About GlobalData 36