Italy: Country Intelligence Report
Italy: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Italy today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Italy over 2017-2022 will be driven by the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2017-2022, driven by rising consumption of online content over mobile devices, rapid proliferation of smartphones, expanding 4G services and the proposed launch of 5G services by 2020. Going forward, operators will focus on data-centric services and invest in LTE-A, 5G and FTTH deployments to boost broadband penetration in the country, which will also provide significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years. Pay-TV revenue will witness an increasing trend primarily driven by rising adoption of DTH and IPTV services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Italy.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom service revenue in Italy will grow at a CAGR of 2.3% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 57.3% of the total telecom revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2017-2022 period. Rising demand for high-speed data service and LTE network expansion will drive subscriber growth. We expect 5G to be commercially available by 2020.
- The top two mobile operators, Telecom Italia and Vodafone, accounted for 62.4% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2017. We expect the competition to intensify further as all operators are focusing on LTE-A network expansions and on data-centric offers.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Italy’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Italy’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Italy’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Italy.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Telecom Italia
- Vodafone Italy
- Wind Tre
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- About the authors
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData