Cybersecurity in Insurance - Thematic Research
By 2021 the global cybersecurity market is expected to be worth $1bn, up from $765m in 2017 according to GlobalData. However, the key issue is that insurance companies need “better” rather than “more” security.
In this report, we look at the 12 most important cybersecurity technologies and conclude that the most important ones in terms of driving the cybersecurity industry’s revenues over the next two years are network security appliances, cloud security, and artificial intelligence (AI).
Our research indicates the winners in these high-growth cyber technology cycles over the next two years will be -
- Unified threat management: Check Point Software, Cisco, Fortinet, IBM, Palo Alto Networks, SecureWorks, Sophos, and Symantec.
- Cloud security: Barracuda Networks, Fortinet, Imperva, Micro Focus, Qualys, and Sophos.
- AI: IBM, Microsoft, Alphabet, Splunk, and Palantir.
- Insurance leaders: AIG, Allianz, Zurich, Swiss Re, Munich Re, Aviva, AXA, and Swiss Re.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
Reasons to buy
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- Changing nature of cyber threats
- Evolution of cybersecurity technologies
- Industry growth drivers
- Corporate governance trends
- Cybersecurity trends in insurance
- Cyber insurance market development
- INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- Market size and growth forecasts
- VALUE CHAIN
- Network security
- Unified threat management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deception-based cyber defenses (subset of AI)
- Behavioral analytics (subset of AI)
- Endpoint security
- Mobile security (subset of endpoint security)
- Identity and access management
- Data security
- Application security
- Email security
- Cloud security
- Managed security services
- Post-breach consultancy services
- COMPANIES SECTION
- Public companies
- Private companies
- Insurance companies
- TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING
- The NIST framework
- APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY