Cloud Computing in Asia Pacific: Market Opportunity and Competitive Analysis
Cloud Computing in Asia Pacific: Market Opportunity and Competitive Analysis, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the cloud computing market in Asia Pacific. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the cloud market in the region, analyzing key trends on telcos' cloud offers, business models to foster their position in the cloud space and case studies.
Driven by an increasing migration of enterprises to the hybrid cloud IaaS business model, and the growing adoption of IaaS solutions by small and medium businesses, the infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) market in Asia Pacific will grow at a 27.7% CAGR from 2017 to 2022, reaching approximately $55.2bn by the end of the forecast period.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Taxonomy and market context; a look at the cloud computing definition and an adoption framework. This section details the cloud computing market context in Asia Pacific, the cloud portfolio of select telcos in the region.
- Section 2: Cloud Computing Market Opportunity in Asia Pacific; an analysis on the cloud computing market sizing and forecast by type cloud segment and competitive analysis.
- Section 3: Case studies; two case studies of leading cloud computing service providers in Asia Pacific are presented in this section, showcasing their growth strategy in the region.
- Section 4: Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators.
Reasons to buy
- It is not a question of whether companies will adopt cloud services but how fast they can do it.
- Cloud providers need to address issues around data sovereignty, security and compliance.
- Companies are buying cloud from multiple vendors.
- Telcos need to develop agile networking solution leveraging SDN/NFV technoloy.
- This Insider Report provides a five-year forecast of enterprise cloud computing services markets, developed using GlobalData’s rigorous bottom-up modeling methodologies, to enable executives to effectively position their companies for growth opportunities and emerging trends in demand for their products.
- Two case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the cloud computing market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the cloud computing market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telecom operators.
- With more than ten charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the cloud computing market, analyzing key trends on telcos' cloud offers, business models to foster their position in the cloud space and case studies.
- Executive Summary
- Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context 6
- Enterprise cloud computing services definition 7
- Cloud services market context and portfolio 8
- Section 2: Cloud Computing Market Opportunity in Asia Pacific 9
- Cloud computing market forecast 10
- Competitive analysis 12
- Section 3: Case Studies 14
- Alibaba Cloud in Asia Pacific 15
- Google Cloud in Asia Pacific 16
- Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 17
- Appendix 19
- Companies mentioned 20
- Acronyms and definitions 21
- Related research 22
- Contact information 23
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Simplified enterprise cloud computing adoption framework 7
- Exhibit 2: Enterprise services framework and the role of the telco 8
- Exhibit 3: Total cloud computing revenue by cloud category, 2017-2022 (US$billions) 10
- Exhibit 4: Cloud computing revenue mix, Asia Pacific, 2017 11
- Exhibit 5: Cloud computing revenue mix, Asia Pacific, 2023 11
- Exhibit 6: Cloud computing revenue by market, Asia Pacific, 2017 12
- Exhibit 7: Key events in the cloud computing market, Asia Pacific 13