Canada: Country Intelligence Report
Canada: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Canada today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Canada over 2018-2023 will be driven by mobile voice, mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2018-2023 driven by rising smartphone subscription, increasing 4G service adoption with higher ARPU, growing M2M subscriptions and expected launch of 5G services by 2020. Going forward, operators will focus on offering data centric services and invest in LTE-A, 5G and FTTH deployments to boost broadband penetration in the country, providing significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Canada.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Canada will grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 50.4% of the total telecom revenue by 2023, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G wil be the most adopted mobile technology across the period 2018-2023, driven by LTE coverage and capacity expansions by operators. We expect 5G to be commercially available by 2020.
- The top three mobile operators, Bell Canada, Rogers and Telus accounted for a 90.8% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2018. We expect the competition to intensify as the regulator focuses on facilitating entry of new players and operation of smaller regional players.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Canada’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Canada’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Canada’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Canada.
- Market highlights 4
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context 5
- Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
- Regulatory context 8
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
- Total telecom service revenue 10
- Mobile services market 12
- Fixed services market 18
- Pay-TV services market 22
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
- Competitive landscape 26
- Bell Canada 28
- Rogers 29
- TELUS 30
- Additional resources 31
- Baseline forecast assumptions 32
- Data tables 33
- Glossary 35
- Research methodology 38
- About the authors 39
- Country Intelligence Report coverage 40
- About GlobalData 41