DelveInsight’s, “Still’s disease – Pipeline Insight, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 15+ companies and 15+ pipeline drugs in Still’s disease pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
• Global coverage
Still’s disease Understanding
Still’s disease: Overview
Still’s disease is a systemic autoinflammatory disease with a childhood form, known as systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SJIA), and a similar adult form, called adult-onset Still’s disease (AOSD). The disease is characterized by high spiking fevers, salmon-colored rash that comes and goes, and arthritis. Still's disease accounts for 10%-20% of all cases of juvenile idiopathic arthritis. “Systemic” in the disease means it may affect not only the joints but other parts of the body, including the liver, lungs and heart. Still’s disease can occur any time during childhood, but it most commonly starts at about two years of age and boys and girls are equally affected.
The symptoms of Still’s disease include:
• high fevers
• skin rashes
• sore throat
• joint inflammation and pain
• muscle pain
• poor appetite
A diagnosis of Still’s disease is made based upon a thorough review of current symptoms, medical history and a physical examination. Blood tests can be used to rule out the presence of other diseases with similar symptoms. Tests that can aid in diagnosis include blood tests and x-rays, which reveal changes to the bones or joints, or enlargement to the spleen or liver. Laboratory tests show a marked inflammatory response with leukocytosis (neutrophilia), thrombocytosis, high C-reactive protein (CRP) and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). Blood tests may also reveal certain changes associated with Still’s disease.
The initial treatment for Still’s disease is aimed at controlling the symptoms of joint inflammation, pain and fever through anti-inflammatory drugs. Cortisone medications (steroids) such as prednisone are used to treat more severe features of illness. Methotrexate is often prescribed alongside corticosteroids as it allows lower doses of corticosteroids to be used. Other medicine that are used include hydroxychloroquine, penicillamine, azathioprine, methotrexate, and cyclophosphamide. Recently, biological therapy are in use for the treatment like interleukin 1 blocker anakinra (Kineret), and interleukin 6 blocker Tocilizumab (Actemra). In 2021, the USFDA approved Ilaris (canakinumab) to treat patients with active Still’s disease, including adult onset Still’s disease. Some patient may undergo joint replacement surgery in severe cases.
Still’s disease Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Still’s disease report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase III, II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Still’s disease Emerging Drugs
• Sarilumab: Regeneron/Sanofi
Sarilumab is a human monoclonal antibody. It blocks interleukin-6 from binding to membrane and soluble IL-6 receptor-α. Interleukin-6 is a protein involved in the inflammation process and is found at high levels in the joints of rheumatoid arthritis patients. The therapy is currently under Phase II development for the treatment of Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
• Baricitinib: Eli Lilly and Company/Incyte Corporation
Baricitinib is an orally-administered, small-molecule and a janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor. It is being developed by Eli Lilly and Incyte Corporation for the treatment of Still’s disease. This biological therapy is currently under Phase III trial for the treatment of Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Still’s disease: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Still’s disease drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
• Major Players in Still’s disease
There are approx. 15+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Still’s disease. The companies which have their Still’s disease drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Eli Lilly and Company/Incyte Corporation.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 15+ products under different phases of clinical development like
• Late stage products (Phase III)
• Mid-stage products (Phase II)
• Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
• Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
• Discontinued & Inactive candidates
• Route of Administration
Still’s disease pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
• Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
• Monoclonal Antibody
• Small molecule
• Gene therapy
• Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Still’s disease: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Still’s disease therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Still’s disease drugs.
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Still’s disease R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Still’s disease.
• In October 2021, AB2 Bio and WuXi Biologics announced that they have entered into a collaboration to set-up and accelerate commercial-scale manufacturing of Tadekinig alfa, AB2 Bio’s novel recombinant IL-18 binding protein.
Still’s disease Report Insights
• Still’s disease Pipeline Analysis
• Therapeutic Assessment
• Unmet Needs
• Impact of Drugs
Still’s disease Report Assessment
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Therapeutic Assessment
• Pipeline Assessment
• Inactive drugs assessment
• Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
• How many companies are developing Still’s disease drugs?
• How many Still’s disease drugs are developed by each company?
• How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Still’s disease?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Still’s disease therapeutics?
• What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Still’s disease and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
• Eli Lilly and Company
• Incyte Corporation
• GeneScience Pharmaceuticals
• AB2 Bio
• Tadekinig alfa
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook