Organ-On-Chip (OOC) Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2023
Organ-On-Chip Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2023 report from The Business Research Company provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global Organ-On-Chip market.
Reasons to Purchase
Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
Identify growth segments for investment.
Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
Benchmark performance against key competitors.
Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the Organ-On-Chip market? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The global Organ-On-Chip market report to 2023 report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers the following chapters
1. 1. Executive Summary – The executive summary section of the report gives a brief overview and summary of the report
2. Report Structure – This section gives the structure of the report and the information covered in the various sections.
3. Introduction – This section gives a general overview of OOCs and explains their importance especially in the pharmaceutical industry.
4. Market Characteristics – The market characteristics section of the report gives an overview on the basic structure of an OOC and information on various techniques used for manufacturing these chips. Details about various organ specific models are also provided.
5. Product Analysis – The product analysis section of the report gives a general overview on organs-on-chips (OOCs) and information on designs and techniques used for manufacturing these devices. Details about various organ-specific models are also provided.
6. Supply Chain – The supply chain section of the report defines and explains the key players in the OOC industry supply chain.
7. Overview Of Organ-Specific Models – This section covers organ-specific models in the OOC market. Design and approach of some OOC prototypes are also covered.
8. Trends And Strategies – This section describes the major trends shaping the global organs-on-chip market. This section highlights likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit these opportunities.
9. Collaborations, Partnerships And Agreements – This section provides the latest collaborations, partnerships and agreements between players in the OOC market.
10. Recent Developments/Research – This section provides major developments/researches in the OOC market.
11. Organ-On-Chip Porter’s Five Forces Analysis – This section provides the five forces analysis model for the OOC market, which gives an insight into the attractiveness of the industry for investment.
12. Organ-On-Chip Unmet Needs – This section lists the research and development needs that need to be accounted in the further production and development of OOCs.
13. Global Market Size And Growth – This section contains the global historic (2015-2019) and forecast (2019-2023) market values, and drivers and restraints that support and control the growth of the market in the historic and forecast periods.
14. Regional Analysis – This section contains the historic (2015-2019) and forecast (2019-2023) market value and growth and market share comparison by region.
15. Segmentation – This section contains the market values (2015-2023) and analysis for different segments.
16. Competitive Landscape – This section covers details on the competitive landscape of the global OOC market, estimated market shares and company profiles for the leading players.
17. Key Mergers And Acquisitions – This section gives the information on recent mergers and acquisitions in the market covered in the report. This section gives key financial details of mergers and acquisitions which have shaped the market in recent years.
18. Funding Landscape – This section provides information on the funds granted by government institutes or other organizations to either universities or companies for the developed of OOCs.
19. Market Opportunities And Strategies – This section includes market opportunities and strategies based on findings of the research. This section also gives information on growth opportunities across countries, segments and strategies to be followed in those markets. It gives an understanding of where there is significant business to be gained by competitors in the next five years.
20. Conclusions And Recommendations – This section includes conclusions and recommendations based on findings of the research. This section also gives recommendations that can help providers to improve or stabilize their position and extend their reach in the OOC market.
21. Appendix – This section includes details on the NAICS codes covered, abbreviations and currencies codes used in this report.
By Organ Type: Lung-on-chip, heart-on-chip, liver-on-chip, intestine-on-chip, kidney-on-chip, skin-on-chip, blood-brain-barrier-on-chip, other organ models
By Application: drug discovery, toxicology research, molecular biology, disease modelling, food safety, other applications
By End-User: Academics, Biopharmaceutical Companies, Food & Beverages, Other Commercial industries
By Products & Services: Devices, Testing Services
By Type Of Material: Polymer, PDMS, Glass, Silicon
Companies Mentioned: Emulate Inc., AxoSim Inc., Kirkstall, TissUse GmbH, Nortis Inc.
Regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the World
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP proportions, expenditure per capita
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- 1 Organ-On-Chip Market Executive Summary
- 2 Table of Contents
- 3 List of Figures
- 4 List of Tables
- 5 Report Structure
- 6 Introduction
- 6.1. Segmentation By Organ Type
- 6.2. Market Segmentation By Type Application
- 6.3. Market Segmentation By End User
- 6.4. Market Segmentation By Products & Services
- 6.5. Market Segmentation By Type Of Material
- 7 Organ On Chip Market Characteristics
- 7.1. Market Definition
- 7.2. Market Segmentation By Organ Type
- 7.2.1. Lung-On-Chip
- 7.2.2. Heart-On-Chip
- 7.2.3. Liver-On-Chip
- 7.2.4. Intestine-On-Chip
- 7.2.5. Kidney-On-Chip
- 7.2.6. Skin-On-Chip
- 7.2.7. Blood-Brain-Barrier-On-Chip
- 7.2.8. Other Organ Models
- 7.3. Market Segmentation By Application
- 7.3.1. Toxicology Research
- 7.3.2. Drug Discovery
- 7.3.3. Molecular Biology
- 7.3.4. Disease Modelling
- 7.3.5. Food Safety
- 7.3.6. Other Applications
- 7.4. Market Segmentation By End User
- 7.4.1. Biopharmaceutical companies
- 7.4.2. Academics
- 7.4.3. Food & Beverages
- 7.4.4. Other Commercial Industries
- 7.5. Market Segmentation By Products & Services
- 7.5.1. Devices
- 7.5.2. Testing Services
- 7.6. Market Segmentation By Type Of Material
- 7.6.1. Polymer
- 7.6.2. PDMS
- 7.6.3. Glass
- 7.6.4. Silicon
- 7.7. Organs-On-Chips Origin And Significance
- 7.8. Organ-On-Chip Features
- 7.9. OOC Applications
- 7.9.1. Applications Of OOCs In The Healthcare Industry
- 7.9.2. Other Applications Of OOCs
- 8 OOC Market, Product Analysis –Product Examples
- 8.1.1. Technical Description
- 8.1.2. Typical Organ-On-Chip Structure
- 8.1.3. Product Design Materials
- 8.1.4. Product Design Methodologies
- 8.2. OOC Products In The Market
- 8.2.1. New Product Launches
- 8.2.2. Products In The Pipeline
- 9 OOC Market, Value Chain Analysis
- 9.1.1. Organ/Tissue Physiology
- 9.1.2. Microfluidic Chip and Biosensors
- 9.1.3. 3D Cell Culture
- 9.1.4. Gas & Liquid Perfusion
- 9.2. Organ-On-Chip Market – Business Models
- 9.2.1. Academic Universities/Institutes
- 9.2.2. Spin-offs
- 9.2.3. OOC Development Companies
- 9.2.4. Commercial Industries/End-Users
- 9.2.5. Research Organizations
- 9.2.6. OOC Pricing
- 10 Overview Of Organ-Specific Models
- 10.1.1. Lung-On-Chip
- 10.1.2. Heart-On-Chip
- 10.1.3. Liver-On-Chip
- 10.1.4. Intestine-On-Chip
- 10.1.5. Kidney-On-Chip
- 10.1.6. Skin-On-Chip
- 10.1.7. Blood-Brain-Barrier-On-Chip
- 10.1.8. Human-On-Chip
- 11 Traditional Methods Versus Organ On Chip For Drug Discovery
- 12 OOC Market Trends And Strategies
- 12.1.1. Developments In The Testing Of Human Organs-On-Chips
- 12.1.2. Organ-On-Chip Technology In Space
- 12.1.3. Automated Monitoring Of Organs-On-Chips
- 12.1.4. 3D Printing Of Organs-On Chips
- 12.1.5. Manufacturers Tying Up With End-Users To Design Tailor-Made Products
- 12.1.6. Investment In Integration Of Individual Organs-On-Chips Into Humans-On-Chips
- 12.1.7. Strong Focus On Development Of Custom Organs-On-Chips
- 12.1.8. Manufacturers Work On Disease Models To Expedite Drug Testing
- 12.1.9. Rise In The Collaborations Between Organs-On-Chips Manufacturers And Pharmaceutical Companies
- 12.1.10. Increase In Funding To Develop The Organ-On-Chip Platform
- 13 Collaborations, Partnerships And Agreements
- 14 Recent Developments/Research
- 14.1. Pancreas-On-A-Chip
- 14.2. Retina-On-A-Chip
- 14.3. Bronchi-On-A-Chip
- 14.4. Tumor-On-A-Chip
- 14.5. Organ-On-An-Electronic-Chip
- 14.6. Human Spinal Cords On A Chip
- 14.7. Biosensors In Organ-On-A-Chip
- 14.8. Placenta-On-A-Chip
- 14.9. OOCs For Hepatitis B Virus Testing
- 14.10. Blood-Vessel-On-A-Chip
- 14.11. Development Of Chip Technology Through Partnerships And Acquisitions
- 14.12. Growth In Research Grants
- 15 Organ-On-Chip Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 16 Organ-On-Chip Unmet Needs
- 16.1. Lack Of Data Supported Evidence
- 16.2. Ease Of Use And Automation
- 16.3. Lack Of Personalized Understanding Of Diseases
- 16.4. Organ Specific Needs
- 16.5. OOC Patents and Publications
- 17 Global OOC Market Size And Growth
- 17.1. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Million)
- 17.2. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Million)
- 18 Global OOC Market Drivers And Restraints
- 18.1. Market Drivers
- 18.1.1. Increasing Demand For Personalized Medicine
- 18.1.2. Growing Need To Minimize Financial Losses Due To Late Stage Drug Failure
- 18.1.3. Substantial Funding Of Public And Private Sources For OOC Start-Ups And Research Groups
- 18.1.4. Adoption Of OOC Technology By Major Pharmaceutical Companies Such As Roche And AstraZeneca Among Many Others
- 18.1.5. Increasing Drug Repurposing Approaches
- 18.1.6. Rising Healthcare Expenditure
- 18.2. Market Restraints
- 18.2.1. High-Costs Associated With OOCs
- 18.2.2. Compatibility Problems May Occur Due To The Lack Of Standardization
- 18.2.3. Limitations Of Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS), The Most Commonly Used Substrate Material For The Fabrication Of Oocs
- 18.2.4. Resistance In The Adoption And Regulation Of New Medical Options
- 18.2.5. Need For Skilled Resources For The Development Of OOC Technology
- 18.2.6. OOCs Are Not High Throughput To Conduct Multiple Assays
- 18.2.7. Cell Survivability Issues Can Negatively Impact The Market Growth
- 19 OOC Market, Regional Analysis
- 19.1. Global OOC Market, 2019, By Region, Value ($ Million)
- 19.1.1. North America
- 19.1.2. Europe
- 19.1.3. Rest Of The World
- 19.2. Global OOC Market, 2015 – 2023, Historic And Forecast, By Region
- 20 Global OOC Market Segmentation
- 20.1. Global OOC Market, Segmentation By Organ, 2019, Value ($ Million)
- 20.1.1. Multi- Organs On Chip
- 20.1.2. Liver-On- Chip
- 20.1.3. Intestine- On-Chip
- 20.2. Global OOC Market, 2015 - 2023, Historic and Forecast, Segmentation By Organ
- 20.2.1. Liver-On-Chip
- 20.2.2. Multi-Organs On Chip
- 20.2.3. Blood-Brain Barrier (BBB)-On-Chip
- 20.3. Global OOC Market, Segmentation By Application, 2019, Value ($ Million)
- 20.3.1. Toxicology Research
- 20.3.2. Drug Discovery
- 20.3.3. Other Applications
- 20.4. Global OOC Market, 2015 - 2023, Historic and Forecast, Segmentation By Application
- 20.4.1. Drug Discovery segment
- 20.4.2. Toxicology Research segment
- 20.4.3. Other Applications segment
- 20.5. Global OOC Market, Segmentation By End User, 2019, Value ($ Million)
- 20.5.1. Biopharmaceutical Companies
- 20.5.2. Academics
- 20.5.3. Food & Beverages
- 20.6. Global OOC Market, 2015 - 2023, Historic and Forecast, Segmentation By End User
- 20.6.1. Academics segment
- 20.6.2. Biopharmaceutical Companies segment had
- 20.6.3. Other Commercial Industries segment
- 20.7. Global OOC Market, Segmentation By Products & Services, 2019, Value ($ Million)
- 20.7.1. Devices
- 20.7.2. Testing Services
- 20.8. Global OOC Market, 2015 - 2023, Historic and Forecast, Segmentation By Products & Services
- 20.8.1. Devices
- 20.8.2. Testing Services
- 20.9. Global OOC Market, Segmentation By Type Of Material, 2019, Volume (Kilo Units)
- 20.9.1. Polymer
- 20.9.2. PDMS
- 20.9.3. Silicon
- 20.10. Global OOC Market, 2015 - 2023, Historic and Forecast, Segmentation By Type Of Material
- 20.10.1. Polymer
- 20.10.2. Silicon
- 20.10.3. PDMS
- 21 Global OOC Market Competitive Landscape
- 21.1. Mergers and Acquisitions
- 21.1.1. BioIVT Acquired Ascendance Biotechnology
- 21.2. Company Profiles
- 21.3. Emulate Inc.
- 21.3.1. Company Overview
- 21.3.2. Products And Services
- 21.3.3. Business Strategy
- 21.3.4. Financial Overview
- 21.4. AxoSim Inc.
- 21.4.1. Company Overview
- 21.4.2. Products And Services
- 21.4.3. Business Strategy
- 21.4.4. Financial Overview
- 21.5. Kirkstall
- 21.5.1. Company Overview
- 21.5.2. Products And Services
- 21.5.3. Business Strategy
- 21.5.4. Financial Overview
- 21.6. TissUse GmbH
- 21.6.1. Company Overview
- 21.6.2. Products And Services
- 21.6.3. Business Strategy
- 21.6.4. Financial Overview
- 21.7. Nortis Inc.
- 21.7.1. Company Overview
- 21.7.2. Products And Services
- 21.7.3. Financial Overview
- 21.8. Mimatas BV
- 21.8.1. Company Overview
- 21.8.2. Products And Services
- 21.8.3. Business Strategy
- 21.8.4. Financial Overview
- 22 Global Organ-On-Chip Market – Funding Landscape
- 22.1.1. Funding Landscape – North America
- 22.1.2. Funding Landscape – Europe
- 22.1.3. Funding Landscape – Asia
- 22.1.4. Funding Landscape – ROW
- 23 Global OOC Market Opportunities And Strategies
- 23.1. Global OOC Market In 2023 – Regions Offering Most New Opportunities
- 23.2. Global OOC Market In 2023 – Segments Offering Most New Opportunities
- 23.3. Global Organ-On-Chip Market In 2023- Growth Strategies
- 23.3.1. Market Trend Based Strategies
- 23.3.2. Competitor Strategies
- 24 Conclusions And Recommendations
- 24.1. Conclusions
- 24.2. Recommendations
- 24.2.1. Product
- 24.2.2. Price
- 24.2.3. Place
- 24.2.4. Promotion
- 24.2.5. People
- 25 Appendix
- 25.1. Market Data Sources
- 25.2. Research Methodology
- 25.3. Currencies
- 25.4. Research Inquiries
- 25.5. The Business Research Company
- 25.6. Copyright and Disclaimer