Satellite Command and Control System Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Application, End User, Solution, Satellite Mass, Frequency Band, Orbit and Country - Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031
Market Report Coverage - Satellite Command and Control System
- End User: Commercial, Military, and Government
- Application: Satellite Attitude Control, Satellite Monitoring and Tracking, Satellite Telemetry, and Ground Equipment Monitoring and Control
- Solution: Hardware (Space-Based Solution and Ground-Based Solution) and Software
- Satellite Mass: 0-10kg, 11-200kg, 201-1,200kg, 1,201-2,200kg, and >2,201kg
- Frequency Band: L and S Band, C and X Band, and Ku and Ka Band
- Orbit: Low Earth Orbit (LEO), Medium Earth Orbit (MEO), Geosynchronous Earth Orbit (GEO), and Deep Space and Interplanetary
Market Growth Drivers
- North America: U.S. and Canada
- Europe: U.K., France, Germany, Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific: China, Japan, India, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- Rest-of-the-World: Latin America, Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Rising Number of Launches of Small Satellites
- Rising Usage of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Component
- Potential Cyber Attacks on Satellites
Key Companies Profiled
- Component Miniaturization Enabling Development of Low-Cost Small Satellites
Airbus S.A.S, BALL CORPORATION, GMV, Honeywell International Inc., Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Indra, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NanoAvionics, Northrop Grumman, NewSpace Systems, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, TERMAHow This Report Can Add Value
Product Innovation Strategy: The product section will help the reader understand the different solutions for satellite command and control. It will also help the readers understand the different hardware and software solution market potential globally. The players operating in this market are developing innovative offerings and are highly engaged in long-term agreements with either military organizations or government agencies. Moreover, the study also looks into the research and development investment scenario.
Growth Strategy: The players operating in the global satellite command and control system market are engaged in several strategies, including strategic partnerships, contracts, and business expansion. The growth/marketing strategies will help the readers in understanding the revenue-generating strategies adopted by the players operating in the global satellite command and control system market.Key questions answered in the Report
Satellite Command and Control System Market
- What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the global satellite command and control system market?
- What is the scope in the market for new OEMs and other players that wish to enter the global satellite command and control system market?
- What are the driving and challenging factors and attributing to the growth of the global satellite command and control system market?
- Which application and end user segment are expected to lead the global satellite command and control system market by 2031?
- What was the market value of the regions in global satellite command and control system market in 2020, and how is the market estimated to grow during the forecast period 2021-2031?
- What is the R&D initiative and investment scenario in the global satellite command and control system market?
- How is the global satellite command and control system industry expected to evolve during the forecast period 2021-2031?
- What are the key developmental strategies that are implemented by the key players to sustain the competitive market?
The revolution of the space industry is mainly propelled by technological innovations in launch and satellite manufacturing technology. For instance, the industry has progressed from developing a satellite with a launch mass of 20,000 kg to less than 4 kg in the period of 60 years. The advent of the ‘New Space’ industry not only provides rapid innovations, decrease costs, and rideshare opportunities but also provides commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) parts and incremental development.
The companies operating in the global satellite command and control system market are highly engaged in research and development initiatives and have been investing in developing new innovative technologies that are expected to enhance future space systems. There have been considerable achievements by players in the space industry, and satellite manufacturers have shifted their focus from heavy and large-sized satellite launchers to small satellites at affordable costs. Additionally, advancements in satellite and component miniaturization have resulted in low manufacturing costs and increased affordability of small satellites.Satellite Command and Control System Industry Overview
The global space economy has been rapidly growing owing to the increasing requirement of satellite-based connectivity services across different applications such as communication, navigation, Earth observation, and others. According to the Satellite Industry Association (SIA), the global space economy, as of 2020, was worth $371 billion, consisting of satellite manufacturing, launches, associated services, and ground equipment. The space industry is also witnessing continuous technological advances, wherein technologies such as smart satellites, artificial intelligence (AI)-based technologies, and quantum satellites are boosting the space industry, including satellites as well as the ground segment.
The global satellite command and control system market is estimated to reach $32.15 billion in 2031, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.32% during the forecast period 2021-2031. The major driving factor for the market's robustness is the need to monitor and maintain the growing number of satellites launched.Market SegmentationSatellite Command and Control System Market by Application
The global satellite command and control system market has been segmented based on application, including satellite attitude control, satellite monitoring and tracking, satellite telemetry, and ground equipment monitoring and control. The satellite telemetry application segment is expected to dominate the global satellite command and control system market on account of critical data that requires to be processed received from satellites.Satellite Command and Control System Market by End User
The global satellite command and control system market has been segmented based on end users, including commercial, military, and government. The commercial end user segment is anticipated to dominate the global satellite command and control system market. The factors contributing to this growth are the increasing number of partnerships and contracts that government agencies are forming with commercial players for satellite monitoring as well as controlling the space assets.Satellite Command and Control System Market by Solution
The global satellite command and control system market has been segmented based on solution including hardware and software. The hardware solution further includes space-based solution, and ground-based solution. The hardware solution segment is expected to lead the satellite command and control system market. The growth of this segment is attributed to the critical satellite command and control hardware solutions that are used for monitoring spacecraft health and safety, manage a single satellite, multiple satellites, or constellation, provide satellite telemetry and commanding, as well as ground equipment monitoring and control.Satellite Command and Control System Market by Region
The regions discussed in this report include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World. North America is expected to dominate the global satellite command and control system market during the forecast period. The factor attributing to the growth of this region is the high presence of the key companies highly engaged in developing and providing satellite command and control system solutions. The continuous technology advancement by key players in the satellite industry is another factor contributing to the growth of the market.Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
Airbus S.A.S, BALL CORPORATION, GMV, Honeywell International Inc., Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Indra, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NanoAvionics, Northrop Grumman, NewSpace Systems, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, TERMA
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected post undergoing in-depth interviews with experts and understanding details around companies such as product portfolio, annual revenues, market penetration, research and development initiatives, and domestic and international presence in the space industry.*PDF email from publisher allows for 1-3 users, with permission to print*