Uruguay Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Uruguay Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Uruguay today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'When valued in terms of U.S. dollars (US$), the telecom and pay-TV market in Uruguay will decline at a CAGR of 0.5%. However, when valued in terms of local currency, the total revenue will increase at a CAGR of 3.0%, driven by growth across fixed broadband and mobile data segments. Mobile data services revenue will increase at a CAGR of 7.0%. This growth will be driven by increasing data ARPS, growth in mobile Internet subscriptions, and growing consumption of mobile data services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Uruguay.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- In local currency terms, overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue will increase at a CAGR 3.0%, to reach UYU 58.0 billion in 2025.
- Mobile service revenue accounted for 47.6% of total telecom revenue in 2020, and the mobile data segment will represent the leading revenue-generating segment throughout forecast period.
- 4G represented the leading mobile service technology in Uruguay and accounted for a 73.3% share of the total mobile subscriptions at the end of 2020.
- The top two mobile operators, Antel and Movistar, accounted for 82.0% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Uruguay’s telecommunications markets, service providers, and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Uruguay’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Uruguay’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report, coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail, will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Uruguay.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Movistar Uruguay
- Claro Uruguay
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData