United Kingdom (UK) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
United Kingdom (UK) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the UK today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom and pay-TV service revenues will decline from $44.6 billion in 2019 to $42.0 billion in 2020, as the government and operators launch initiatives to mitigate the headwind of the pandemic. GlobalData projects that the revenues will start to recover from 2021 and will reach $44.9 billion by 2024, indicating a CAGR of 0.1% over 2019-2024. 4G technology represented the largest share of 66.6% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2019. Investments in 5G by operators like BT, Vodafone, and O2 will further drive the uptake of 5G services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the followin.-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in the UK.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- Overall telecom service revenue in the UK will grow at a CAGR of 0.1% in terms of US$ (0.8% in local currency) during 2019-2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 42.8% of total and pay-TV services revenue in 2024, driven mainly by rising mobile data consumption over smartphones and data centic 5G plans.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology over the 2019-2024 period. Major operators such as BT, O2, and Vodafone are focused on investing in 5G services.
- The top three mobile operators, BT, O2, and Vodafone, accounted for 74.6% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2019.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the UK’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the UK’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the UK’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the UK.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- British Telecom
- O2 UK
- Vodafone UK
- Sky UK
- 3 UK
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData