Turkey Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Turkey Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Turkey today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecommunications and pay-TV service revenue in Turkey will reach US$9.8 billion in 2020 and will increase to reach US$11.5 billion by 2025, supported by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband, and fixed voice segments. Fixed broadband revenues will increase over the forecast period, partly supported by Turkish government commitment to the National Smart Cities Strategy and Action Plan unveiled in December 2019.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Turkey.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- Total telecommunications and pay-TV service revenue in Turkey will reach US$9.8 billion in 2020 and will increase to reach US$11.5 billion by 2025.
- Mobile data services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 9.7% in local terms (3.4% CAGR in US$). The growth in mobile data revenues will be supported by rising mobile data consumption on the back of growing smartphone penetration and users migration towards higher priced 4G/5G plans.
- The fixed broadband revenues will increase at a CAGR of 14.1% in local currency terms (7.5% in US$) over the forecast period. The ongoing investment by the government and telcos to improve the broadband coverage in the country will help the broadband adoption and thereby revenues.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Turkey’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Turkey’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Turkey’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Turkey.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay
- TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Vodafone Turkey
- Turk Telekom
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData