Spain Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
“Spain Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report,” a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Spain today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Spain will increase marginally at a CAGR of 0.1%, primarily supported by contribution from the mobile data segment. Mobile data will remain the largest revenue contributor supported by rising 5G subscriptions and increase in data consumption for online videos and social networking applications over smartphones and connected devices. Fixed broadband revenue will grow during the forecast period, driven by growth in fiber and fixed wireless subscriptions over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Spain.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Spain will decline marginally at a CAGR of 0.4% during 2021-2026 period.
- Mobile data revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR of 6.1%. This growth will be by rising adoption of higher ARPS 5G services and increasing data consumption for online videos and social networking applications over smartphones and connected devices.
- 4G subscriptions dominated the market with 81.7% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021.
- Movistar Spain led the telecom market in Spain during 2021. Movistar Spain’s leadership is supported by its portfolio of competitively priced prepaid rates, postpaid FMC plans, and range of M2M/IoT solutions designed for SMEs and large enterprises.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Spain's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Spain's mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Spain's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Spain.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Movistar Spain
- Orange Spain
- Vodafone Spain
- MAS Movil
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData