South Korea Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
South Korea: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in South Korea today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'South Korea’s telecom and pay-TV revenue will drop from US$36.5 billion in 2019 to US$35.9 billion by 2024. Declining revenues from mobile voice and messaging and fixed voice segments will offset the growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2019. Also, mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 3.1% over 2019-2024, driven led by fast growing M2M connections, growing adoption of 5G services and increasing data ARPUs. Going forward, South Korea’s pay-TV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 0.7% over 2019-2024 supported by the steady growth in IPTV subscriptions
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in South Korea.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in South Korea will drop at a CAGR of 0.3% during 2019-2024.
- Mobile data revenue will increase at the fastest CAGR of 3.1% over 2019-2024, led by fast growing M2M connections, growing adoption of 5G services and increasing data ARPUs
- SK leads South Korea’s mobile market in terms of subscriptions as of 2019, followed by KT and LG U+. All the three major incumbents has launched 5G commercially in April 2019 and have been focusing on network expansion/upgradation in order to tap the growing demand for high-speed mobile broadband services
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of South Korea’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in South Korea’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in South Korea’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in South Korea.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- SK Telecom
- LG U+
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData