South Africa Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
South Africa Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in South Africa today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
GlobalData expects South Africa's total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue to reach US$7.9 billion in 2020 and it will grow at 6.1% CAGR to reach US$10.6 billion by 2025, driven by growth in mobile data, mobile voice, and fixed broadband segments. Fixed broadband revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR of 14.5% over 2020-2025, driven by ongoing investments in SA Connect initiative by the government to improve broadband connectivity in the country. Pay-TV service revenue will decline from US$1.3 billion in 2020 to US$1.2 million by 2025.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in South Africa.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- The total revenue of the telecom and pay-TV services markets in South Africa will grow from about US$7.9 billion in 2020 to US$10.6 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 6.1% mainly supported by growth in mobile data, mobile voice and fixed broadband segments.
- Mobile data will be the largest contributor in the total telecom service revenue throughout 2020-2025. Mobile data revenue will grow at a CAGR of 10.0%, driven by growing mobile data consumption for accessing online video content and social networking applications and growing adoption of higher priced 4G/5G plans.
- 4G is the most adopted technology in mobile segment in 2020,with its share of total mobile subscriptions at 44.4%share, supported by growing proliferation of 4G smartphones.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of South Africa’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.-Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in South Africa’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in South Africa’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in South Africa.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay
- TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Vodacom South Africa
- Cell C
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData