Mexico Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Mexico Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mexico today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in the Mexico over 2019-2024 will be driven by mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2019-2024, supported by rising smartphone subscriptions, increasing mobile data consumption, strengthening LTE networks, and the expected launch of commercial 5G services in 2021. The fixed broadband market will be the fastest growing segment, driven by robust growth in FTTx and fixed wireless subscriptions. Ongoing fixed broadband network expansions as part of the government’s national development plan and 'Internet for All' initiatives will improve the penetration of fixed broadband services in the country and contribute to fixed revenue growth.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the followin.-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Mexico.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- Total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in Mexico will decline by 0.4% YoY in 2020 as a result of a recession the country entered in late 2019, which worsened with the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The mobile data segment, which accounted for 30.3% of the telecom service revenue in the market during 2019, will remain the largest revenue contributor throughout the whole forecast period 2019-2024, expanding at a CAGR of 7.2%.
- The fixed broadband segment will be the fastest growing, expanding at a CAGR of 8.8% during 2019-2024. Growth will be supported by ongoing fixed broadband network investments from operators as well government-driven initiatives such as Mexico’s broadband development plan and Internet for All.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Mexico’s telecommunications markets, service providers, and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Mexico’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Mexico’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Mexico.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- America Movil (Telcel + Telmex)
- Group Televisa
- AT&T Mexico
- Movistar Mexico
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData