Mauritius Telecom Operators Country Intelligence ReportSummary
Mauritius Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mauritius today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2028. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom service revenues in Mauritius will grow marginally at a five-year CAGR of 0.1% across 2023-2028, supported by revenue growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data service revenue will increase at a CAGR of 5.8%, driven by a rise in mobile internet subscriptions, especially with telcos promoting segmented and more for more higher ARPU 4G and 5G mobile plans. Fixed broadband service revenue will increase at a CAGR of 1.4%, driven by telcos bundling fixed broadband services with pay-TV, the launch of 5G FWA, and the promotion of segmented fixed broadband packages.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Mauritius.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to government initiatives, national fiber project, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- Mobile data service revenue will increase at a CAGR of 5.8%, driven by a rise in mobile internet subscriptions, especially with telcos promoting segmented and more for more higher ARPU 4G and 5G mobile plans.
- 4G subscriptions will increase at a CAGR of 7.4% over 2023-2028 period, supported by rising demand for high-speed mobile data services.
- The top two mobile operators, my.t and Emtel Mauritius, accounted for 79.2% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2023.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Mauritius’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Mauritius’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Mauritius’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Mauritius.
- Market highlights
- Key takeaways, telecom services revenue outlook, revenue CAGR by service type, 2023 service penetration
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Population, nominal GDP, PPP-adjusted GDP per capita, real GDP growth, consumer price inflation, exchange rates
- Regulatory context
- Regulatory highlights, National Broadband/ICT Initiative, Free WiFi zone, Subsea cable deployment
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom services revenue by category, 2022-2028
- Evolution of total telecom services revenue, 2022-2028
- Mobile services market
- Mobile service penetration and subscription trends
- Mobile subscription and user penetration, 2022-2028
- Total mobile subscriptions, 2022-2028
- Device adoption trends
- Mobile subscriptions by device type, 2022-2028
- Handset subscriptions by type, 2022-2028
- Payment types and technology trends
- Mobile subscriptions by payment type
- Mobile subscriptions by technology generation, 2022-2028
- Churn and usage trends
- Churn, voice usage, data usage
- Market share trends
- Subscription market shares, 2023
- Fixed services market
- Fixed service penetration and subscription trends
- Voice telephony and fixed broadband penetration, 2022-2028
- Total voice telephony and fixed broadband access lines, 2022-2028
- Fixed service revenue trends
- Total fixed service revenue by service category, 2022-2028
- Fixed services ARPU by service category, 2022-2028
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Product portfolios and positioning, market share overview
- Company snapshot (my.t, Emtel, MTML)
- Contact Us