Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia among older people. It is a devastating condition for those afflicted as well as their family members and caregivers; the situation is only getting worse as the population ages. With the ageing global population, the number of patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease is predicted to grow during the forecasting period. Alzheimer's treatment is a high risk, high reward market. Drugs currently available in the market have reached maturity; patent of leading drugs have expired. The current unmet needs represent a huge opportunity for pharmaceutical companies which are developing targeted novel therapies.
Global Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Market and Pipeline Drugs Analysis
- In 2016, the global market for Alzheimer’s disease drugs was dominated by Namenda, Memary, Aricept and Exelon. The combined market share of these four drugs was over 80% in the year 2016.
- Ebixa, Razadyne/Reminyl, Rivastach and Nootropil are the other popular drugs in the Alzheimer’s disease market.
- With the patent expiration of popular drugs the sales of the Alzheimer’s drugs have also declined. However, there are several pipeline drugs like Gantenerumab, Crenezumab and Aducanumab among others which are likely to hit the market during the period 2019 - 2020.
Global Alzheimer’s Disease Country Wise Analysis
- In the Alzheimer’s disease drugs market, the United States is the largest market.
- Japan is the second leading market for Alzheimer’s disease drugs market accounting for XXX% market share in 2016.
- China stands at the third spot in the global Alzheimer’s disease drugs market being followed by India with XXX% share in the same year.
- The EU5 countries together accounted for over 10% share of the global Alzheimer’s disease drugs market in 2016.
iGATE RESEARCH report titled “Global Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Market, Regional Analysis & Forecast, Major Deals & Funding, and Pipeline Drugs Analysis to 2021” is a 189 Page report with 74 Figures and 14 Tables. This report provides a comprehensive assessment of the Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Market, Alzheimer’s Disease Pipeline Drugs Market and Clinical Trials Analysis, Alzheimer’s Disease - Country Wise Drugs Market, Country Wise Alzheimer’s Disease Prevalence, Major Deals in Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Market Landscape, Funding in Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Research, Driving Factors and Challenges for Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Market. The Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Market has been analyzed from 8 View Points:
1. Alzheimer’s Disease - Drugs Sales and Forecast
2. Alzheimer’s Disease - Pipeline Drugs Sales Forecast
3. Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs - Country Wise Market and Forecast
4. Alzheimer’s Disease - Country Wise Prevalence and Forecast
5. Alzheimer’s Disease – List of Pipeline Drugs in Various Phase of Development
6. Alzheimer’s Disease - Major Deals in Alzheimer’s Drugs Market
7. Alzheimer’s Disease - Funding in Alzheimer’s Disease Research
8. Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Market – Driving Factors & ChallengesThe Top 9 Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs covered in the report are as follows:
9. NamzaricThe 3 Pipeline Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs covered in the report are as follows:
3. AducanumabThe 9 Countries Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Market covered in the report are as follows:
1. United States
6. United Kingdom
9. IndiaList of Pipeline Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs in Various Phase of Development
1. Phase I
2. Phase II
3. Phase IIIThe Alzheimer’s Disease Drugs Major Deals covered in the report are as follows:
1. Strategic Alliance
2. Licensing Agreement
3. Collaboration Deals
4. Mergers and Acquisitions Data Source
iGATE RESEARCH employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports. This report is built by using data and information sourced from Proprietary Information Database, Primary and Secondary Research Methodologies, and In house analysis by iGATE Research dedicated team of qualified professionals with deep industry experience and expertise. Research Methodologies
Primary Research Methodologies:
Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.Secondary Research Methodologies:
Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government and NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries and Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.