HNWI Asset Allocation 2020
This report looks at a detailed breakdown from WealthInsight’s proprietary country report model of HNWI population and wealth.
It provides an analysis of HNWI demographics based on a unique analysis of HNWI dossier database. It analyses trends in HNWIs investment by asset class and looks at a breakdown of foreign and alternative investments.
It provides an in-depth analysis of competitor product strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and innovation and identifies current and future opportunities available to providers in selected core markets.
The report provides five-year historical (2011-2015) and five-year forecast data (2016-2020) in core markets in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East and Africa.
Countries covered in the report include the US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Turkey, Russia, the UK, Spain, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, India, South Africa, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Israel.
Global private banks such as Barclays and HSBC have recently scaled back operations in emerging markets in an effort to become simpler and more profitable. They are focusing on domestic and core markets such as the UK, Switzerland and Germany. However, emerging markets still represent opportunities for those willing to raise the bar in the provision of high quality product and services.
Tightening regulations and a weak macroeconomic environment have impacted the profitability of wealth management firms, encouraging them to re-examine their strategies. They are approaching HNWIs with a wide variety of products and services to capture a greater share of the market. In the post-financial crisis environment private banks and wealth managers have also been observed to be building lending solutions to cater to the strong HNWI demand for credit and access to liquidity.
The report is divided into three chapters, which cover the following areas:
Reasons To Buy
- HNWI Wealth and Population
- HNWI Asset Allocation
- Competitor Strategy, Products and Services
- Understand the investment behavior of HNWIs with respect to onshore and offshore locations and current economic conditions.
- Gain insight into HNWI demographics based on a unique analysis of WealthInsight’s proprietary HNWI database comprising 140,000 dossiers.
- Be informed about HNWIs’ preferred asset class allocations in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East and Africa as well as their foreign and alternative investment allocations.
- Analyze competitor strategy with regard to products and services, international expansion, pricing and innovation.
- Identify new approaches to take when targeting HNWI clients and identify where the competitive advantage offers opportunities to increase market share.
- In 2015, HNWI wealth was estimated at US$60 trillion, of this 25.9% were invested in international markets.
- HNWIs in Asia-Pacific held 21.5% of their wealth outside of their home country in 2011, which increased to 22.5% in 2015.
- In the Americas alternative assets registered a CAGR of 4.9% during 2011–2015, they are expected to grow by CAGR8.8% between 2016 and 2020.
- Globally, 12.5% of HNWIs were over the age of 70 in 2015. HNWIs below the age of 40 formed the smallest HNWI group.
- Executive Summary
- What is this Report About?
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- HNWI Wealth and Population Market Sizing, Demographics and Economic Outlook
- HNWIs Market Sizing and Forecast
- Trends in Age Demographic
- Trends in Gender Demographic
- Trends in HNWI Volume and Value Segmented by Wealth Band
- Review of the Global Economy
- Table Macroeconomic Indicators: GDP Per Capita, GDP Growth and Interest rate by Country, 2015
- HNWI Asset Allocation 2011–2020
- HNWI Asset Allocation in International Markets
- Table Total Investment in Foreign Markets, 2011–2020F, in US$ Billions
- Table Global HNWIs – Foreign Investment Allocation Breakdown (%), 2011–2020F
- Trends in Alternative Assets
- Trends in Real Estate Investments
- Trends in Cash and Deposits
- Trends in Fixed-Income Products
- Trends in Equities
- Trends in Business Interests
- Asset Allocation Distribution by Country
- Asset allocation Distribution by Geography
- Competitor Strategy, Products and Services
- Current and Future Outlook
- Table Wealth Management – Current Dynamics and Outlook, 2016
- Table Competitor Strategy Summary Examples
- M&A and International Strategy
- Customers and Services
- Table Key Trends and Outlook in Client Segments
- Table Philanthropic Wealth Management Services in Developed Economies, 2016
- Table Philanthropic Wealth Management Services in Emerging Economies, 2016
- Table Selected Wealth Management Services for Entrepreneurs, 2016
- Table Wealth Management Workshops and Conferences for Young HNWIs, 2016
- Table Wealth Management Needs of Female HNWIs
- Channels and Synergies
- Investment Products
- Table Wealth Management Services on Collectibles-Related Investments, 2016
- Pricing Strategy
- Table Emerging Pricing Strategies in Wealth Management
- Table Global HNWI Populations, 2011–2020F
- Table Global HNWI Wealth, 2011–2020F, US$ Billion
- Table HNWI Population and Wealth by Country, 2015
- Table Americas HNWIs – Assets Allocations (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Americas HNWIs – Holdings Growth (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Europe HNWIs – Assets Allocations (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Europe HNWIs – Holdings Growth (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Asia–Pacific HNWIs – Assets Allocations (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Asia-Pacific HNWIs – Holdings Growth (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Middle East and Africa HNWIs – Assets Allocations (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Middle East and Africa HNWIs – Holdings Growth (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Global HNWIs – Alternative Asset Composition (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Global HNWIs – Investment Trend in Alternative Assets (%), 2011–2020F
- Table Global Trends in `Art, Wine and Wheels', 2011–2015
- About WealthInsight