Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Nigeria 2016
This report is a thorough analysis of Nigeria Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Nigeria.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2011 and the end of 2015. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
- Independent market sizing of Nigeria HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2011 to 2015
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2020
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2011-2015)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Nigeria 2016 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2020.
- Nigerian HNWIs held 16.8% (US$17.2 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2015.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$20.1 billion by 2020, accounting for 15.3% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- Europe accounted for 29.4% of Nigerian HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2015. This was followed by Asia-Pacific with 20.5%, North America with 19.6%, Africa with 19.5%, Latin America with 8.8% and the Middle East with 2.2%.
- Nigerian HNWI allocations to Asia-Pacific increased rapidly compared with other regions during the review period, rising from 11.9% in 2011 to 20.5% in 2015.
- WealthInsight expects HNWIs to increase their level of investment in Asia-Pacific over the forecast period, to reach 26.3% of foreign HNWI assets by 2020.
- Details of this Report
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- NIGERIA KEY FACTS
- DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH IN NIGERIA
- HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Domestic Private Banks
- Foreign Private Banks
- Wealth Managers
- Family Offices
- KEY DRIVERS
- NGN-US$ Exchange Rate
- Table Nigerian Exchange Rate - NGN-US$ Exchange Rate, 2011-2020
- Real GDP Growth
- Table Nigerian Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
- Per Capita GDP
- Table Nigerian GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
- Domestic Market Capitalization
- Table Nigerian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Commodity Index
- Table Nigerian Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) - Inflows and Outflows
- Table Nigerian Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
- Inflation Rate
- Table Nigerian Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Interest Rate
- Table Nigerian Money Market Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Balance of Payments
- Table Nigerian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Government Debt
- Table Nigerian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
- Stock Market Performance
- Table Nigerian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
- Wealth Breakdowns
- Table Nigerian HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
- Table Nigeria - Appendix One
- Table Nigeria - Appendix Two
- ABOUT WEALTHINSIGHT