Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Malaysia 2016
This report is a thorough analysis of Malaysia Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Malaysia.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2011 and the end of 2015. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
- Independent market sizing of Malaysia HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2011 to 2015
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2020
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2011-2015)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Malaysia 2016 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 125,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able to obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2020.
- Malaysian HNWIs held 26.5% (US$41.6 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2015.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$47.8 billion by 2020, accounting for 22.7% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- The Asia-Pacific accounted for 44.5% of Malaysian HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2015. This was followed by Latin America with 17.8%, Europe with 16.8%, North America with 9.6%, Africa with 9.1% and the Middle East with 2.2%.
- Details of this Report
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Executive Summary
- Malaysia Key Facts
- Distribution of Wealth in Malaysia
- HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Domestic Private Banks
- Foreign Private Banks
- Wealth Managers
- Family Offices
- Key Drivers
- MYR-US$ Exchange Rate
- Table Malaysian Exchange Rate - MYR-US$ Exchange Rate, 2011-2020
- Real GDP Growth
- Table Malaysian Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
- Per Capita GDP
- Table Malaysian GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
- Domestic Market Capitalization
- Table Malaysian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Commodity Index
- Table Malaysian Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) - Inflows and Outflows
- Table Malaysian Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
- Inflation Rate
- Table Malaysian Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Interest Rates
- Table Malaysian Money Market Rates (%), 2011-2020
- Balance of Payments
- Table Malaysian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Government Debt
- Table Malaysian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
- Stock Market Performance
- Table Malaysian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
- Wealth Breakdowns
- Table Malaysian HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
- Table Malaysia - Appendix One
- Table Malaysia - Appendix Two
- About WealthInsight