Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in India 2015
This report is a thorough analysis of India's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in India.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
- Independent market sizing of India HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in India 2015 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
- Indian HNWIs held 19.8% (US$260.1 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2014.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$399.3 billion by 2019, accounting for 18.9% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for 34.9% of Indian HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2014. This was followed by North America with 30.9%, Europe with 12.9%, Latin America with 8.9%, Africa with 6.6% and the Middle East with 5.8%.
- Indian HNWI allocations to Asia Pacific increased steadily compared with other regions during the review period, rising from 33.2% in 2010 to 34.9% in 2014.
- Details of this Report
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Executive Summary
- India Key Facts
- Distribution of Wealth in India
- HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Domestic private banks
- Foreign Private Banks
- Wealth managers
- Family offices
- Key Drivers
- INR-US$ exchange rate
- Table Indian Exchange Rate - INR-US$ Exchange Rate, 2010-2019
- Real GDP growth
- Table Indian Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
- Per capita GDP
- Table Indian GDP per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
- Domestic market capitalization
- Table Indian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
- Commodity index
- Table Indian Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) - inflows and outflows
- Table Indian Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
- Inflation rate
- Table Indian Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
- Interest rate
- Table Indian Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
- Balance of payments
- Table Indian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
- Government debt
- Table Indian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
- Stock market performance
- Table Indian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
- Wealth Breakdowns
- Table Indian HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
- Table India - Appendix One
- Table India - Appendix Two
- About WealthInsight