Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Germany 2016
This report is a thorough analysis of Germany Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Germany.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2011 and the end of 2015. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
- Independent market sizing of Germany HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2011 to 2015
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2020
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2011-2015)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Germany 2016 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 125,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able to obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2020.
- German HNWIs held 35.1% (US$1.5 trillion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2015.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$1.9 trillion by 2020, accounting for 30.8% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- Europe accounted for 40.7% of German HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2015. This was followed by the Asia-Pacific with 30.5%, North America with 19.6%, Latin America with 5.5%, the Middle East with 2.5% and Africa with 1.3%.
- German HNWI allocations to Asia-Pacific increased rapidly compared with other regions during the review period, rising from 16.8% in 2011 to 30.5% in 2015.
- WealthInsight expects HNWIs to increase their level of investment in Asia-Pacific over the forecast period, to reach 39.9% of foreign HNWI assets by 2020.
- Details of this Report
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Executive Summary
- Germany Key Facts
- Distribution of Wealth in Germany
- HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Domestic Private Banks
- Foreign Private Banks
- Wealth Managers
- Family Offices
- Key Drivers
- EUR-US$ Exchange Rate
- Table German Exchange Rate - EUR-US$ Exchange Rate, 2011-2020
- Real GDP Growth
- Table German Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
- Per Capita GDP
- Table German GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
- Domestic Market Capitalization
- Table German Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Commodity Index
- Table German Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) - Inflows and Outflows
- Table German Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
- Inflation Rate
- Table German Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Interest Rates
- Table German Money Market Rates (%), 2011-2020
- Balance of Payments
- Table German Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Government Debt
- Table German Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
- Stock Market Performance
- Table German Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
- Wealth Breakdowns
- Table German HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
- Table Germany - Appendix One
- Table Germany - Appendix Two
- About WealthInsight