Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Chile 2015
This report is a thorough analysis of Chile's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Chile.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
- Independent market sizing of Chile HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Chile 2015 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
- Chilean HNWIs held 38.4% (US$100.5 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2014, while the global average is 20–30%.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$137.9 billion by 2019, accounting for 37.2% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- Latin America accounted for 56.4% of Chilean HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2014. It was followed by North America with 19.3%, the Asia-Pacific with 12.8%, Europe with 7.9%, Africa with 2.5% and the Middle East with 1.1%.
- Chilean HNWI allocations to Europe decreased sharply compared with other regions during the review period, from 11.8% in 2010 to 7.9% in 2014.
- WealthInsight expects HNWIs to reduce their level of investment in Europe over the forecast period, to reach 5.8% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019, with investments increasing in Asia-Pacific and Latin America, due to growing confidence in their economies.
- Details of this Report
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Executive Summary
- Chile Key Facts
- Distribution of Wealth in Chile
- HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in Chile
- Domestic private banks
- Table Leading Domestic Private Banks in Chile by AuM (US$), 2014
- Foreign private banks
- Wealth managers
- Family offices
- Key Drivers
- CLP to US$ exchange rate
- Table CLP to US$ Exchange Rate, 2010-2019
- Real GDP growth
- Table Chilean Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
- Per capita GDP
- Table Chilean GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
- Domestic market capitalization
- Table Chilean Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
- Commodity index
- Table Chilean Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
- Foreign direct investments (FDI) - inflows and outflows
- Table Chilean Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
- Inflation rate
- Table Chilean Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
- Interest rate
- Table Chilean Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
- Balance of payments
- Table Chilean Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
- Government debt
- Table Chilean Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
- Stock market performance
- Table Chilean Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
- Wealth Breakdowns
- Table Chilean HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
- Table Chile - Appendix One
- Table Chile - Appendix Two
- About WealthInsight