Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Brazil 2015
This report is a thorough analysis of Brazil's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Brazil.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
- Independent market sizing of Brazil HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Brazil 2015 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
- Brazilian HNWIs held 22.9% (US$230 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2014, while the worldwide average is 20–30%.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$315.9 billion by 2019, accounting for 24.5% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- Latin America accounted for 36.7% of Brazilian HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2014. It was followed by the North America with 32.9%, the Asia-Pacific with 12.5%, Europe with 11.9%, the Middle East with 4% and Africa with 2%.
- Brazilian HNWI allocations to Europe decreased sharply compared with other regions during the review period, from 15.9% in 2010 to 11.9% in 2014.
- WealthInsight expects HNWIs to reduce their level of investment in Europe over the forecast period, to reach 9.7% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019, with investments increasing due to growing confidence in Asian economies.
- Details of this Report
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Executive Summary
- Brazil Key Facts
- Distribution of Wealth in Brazil
- HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in Brazil
- Domestic private banks
- Foreign private banks
- Wealth managers
- Family offices
- Key Drivers
- BRL to US$ exchange rate
- Table BRL to US$ Exchange Rate, 2010-2019
- Real GDP growth
- Table Brazilian Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
- Per capita GDP
- Table Brazilian GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
- Domestic market capitalization
- Table Brazilian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
- Commodity index
- Table Brazilian Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
- Foreign direct investments (FDI) - inflows and outflows
- Table Brazilian Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
- Inflation rate
- Table Brazilian Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
- Interest rate
- Table Brazilian Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
- Balance of payments
- Table Brazilian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
- Government debt
- Table Brazilian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
- Stock market performance
- Table Brazilian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
- Wealth Breakdowns
- Table Brazilian HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
- Table Brazil - Appendix One
- Table Brazil - Appendix Two
- About WealthInsight