Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Australia 2016
This report is a thorough analysis of Australia's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Australia.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2011 and the end of 2015. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
- Independent market sizing of Australia HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2011 to 2015
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2020
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Australia 2016 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2020.
- Australian HNWIs held 23.1% (US$227.6 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2015.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$297.6 billion by 2020, accounting for 21.9% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- North America accounted for 35.6% of Australian HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2015. This was followed by Europe with 22.7%, Africa with 21.3%, Asia-Pacific with 10%, Latin America with 8.1% and the Middle East with 2.4%.
- Australian HNWI allocations to Africa increased rapidly compared with other regions during the review period, rising from 2.8% in 2011 to 21.3% in 2015.
- WealthInsight expects HNWIs to increase their level of investment slightly in Africa over the forecast period, reaching 37.8% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019.
- Details of this Report
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Executive Summary
- Australia Key Facts
- Distribution of Wealth in Australia
- HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Domestic Private Banks
- Foreign Private Banks
- Wealth Managers
- Family Offices
- Key Drivers
- AUD-US$ Exchange Rate
- Table Australian Exchange Rate - AUD-US$ Exchange Rate, 2011-2020
- Real GDP Growth
- Table Australian Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
- Per Capita GDP
- Table Australian GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
- Domestic Market Capitalization
- Table Australian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Commodity Index
- Table Australian Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) - Inflows and Outflows
- Table Australian Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
- Table Australian Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Interest Rate
- Table Australian Money Market Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Balance of Payments
- Table Australian Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Government Debt
- Table Australian Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
- Stock Market Performance
- Table Australian Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
- Wealth Breakdowns
- Table Australian HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
- Table Australia - Appendix One
- Table Australia - Appendix Two
- About WealthInsight