Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market 2015-2025
Carbon dioxide (CO2) enhanced oil recovery (EOR) has been successfully used in the US for around 40 years. The injection of CO2 into ageing oil fields to sweep residual oil has helped extend the production life of some fields by more than 25 years. The key enabler of this success has been the availability of a large volume of low-cost naturally occurring CO2, which has been tapped in the US to provide a regular supply to EOR projects.
However, the US remains the only nation to have discovered naturally occurring CO2 sources, apart from natural gas collections with a high CO2 content. As maturing oil production markets provide more opportunity for CO2 use in EOR, demand for CO2 has risen while supply volumes have not seen significant additions over the market’s 35+ year history.
There has therefore been a growing interest in capturing some of the approximately 32 billion tonnes of CO2 released into the atmosphere globally from anthropogenic sources such as power plants, and using this to boost production of oil from waning production areas. This creates opportunities in many more countries outside the US where CO2 EOR markets have the potential to grow. The intensifying link with carbon capture technology will mean that areas advanced in this technology with significant maturing oil areas will prosper in the CO2 EOR market.
Visiongain has calculated that global CO2 EOR spending will be $4.74bn in 2015. This will decline in the short term as low oil prices take their toll on the capital spending programmes of CO2 EOR operators, but is expected to rise rapidly in the next decade. Growth rates and technologies employed will vary considerably from country to country however.
Why you should buy the Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market Forecast 2015-2025
What is the future of the CO2 EOR market? Which submarkets and countries will prosper over the next ten years? Visiongain’s comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefitting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
In this 182 page report you will discover key information benefitting your work:
View global market forecasts for bpd production and CAPEX in the CO2 EOR market, as well as analysis from 2015-2025 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed spending projections, the main companies involved, and the commercial drivers and restraints, allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2015-2025, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments.
Our report provides 140 tables, charts, and graphs analysing the CO2 EOR market
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future prospects in the CO2 EOR market. You will gain industry expertise from our analysts, allowing you to demonstrate your authority on how the CO2 EOR market will develop and which regions and submarkets stand to see most growth.
See an exclusive expert opinion interview with Enhance Energy
- The interview will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the role and potential of CO2 methods within the enhanced oil recovery industry; you will find strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit – allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales.
Learn about how the oil price fall is affecting the CO2 EOR market
- Gain insight into how the market is being affected by the current low oil price environment, with forecasts underpinned by breakeven analysis for existing and proposed projects and guided by visiongain’s oil price forecast
Discover spending forecasts for the key CO2 EOR submarkets from 2015-2025
- What are the key trends and factors affecting each of the main CO2 EOR submarkets? How will these markets expand? Which regions and technologies will see the greatest level of production and why? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Stay informed about the potential for each of the CO2 EOR submarkets with forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025:
- The CO2 EOR CO2 Source Submarket Forecast 2015-2025
- The CO2 EOR Pipelines Submarket Forecast 2015-2025
- The CO2 EOR Injection Submarket Forecast 2015-2025
Understand the prospects for the leading national CO2 EOR markets – where is spending currently highest and what opportunities exist for growth going forward?
- Learn about the market potential for companies providing CO2 EOR solutions in both developed and developing countries, from 2015 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis for regional markets from 2015-2025. Each national market includes ten-year forecasts and assessments of future outlook, with detailed breakdowns of existing and future CO2 EOR projects:
- The US CO2 EOR Market Forecast 2015-2025
- The Gulf Coast Regional Submarket Forecast 2015-2025
- The Midcontinent Regional Submarket Forecast 2015-2025
- The Midwest Regional Submarket Forecast 2015-2025
- The Permian Basin Regional Submarket Forecast 2015-2025
- The Rockies Regional Submarket Forecast 2015-2025
- The Chinese CO2 EOR Market Forecast 2015-2025
- The Canadian CO2 EOR Market Forecast 2015-2025
- The UAE CO2 EOR Market Forecast 2015-2025
- The Brazilian CO2 EOR Market Forecast 2015-2025
- The UK CO2 EOR Market Forecast 2015-2025
- In addition, receive individualised outlooks of a further 11 national CO2 EOR markets (Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Trinidad, Vietnam, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Egypt)
Identify who the leading companies are within the CO2 EOR market
- Our report reveals the 17 leading US and international companies central to the CO2 EOR market, with detailed profiles for each. Profiles of US companies contain 2014 CO2 EOR spending and production market share data. Profiles on all companies contain information on current projects and future plans
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Apache Corporation
- Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Chaparral Energy Inc.
- China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
- Denbury Resources
- Hess Corporation
- Hilcorp Energy Company
- Husky Energy
- Kinder Morgan
- Linc Energy
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras)
- Whiting Petroleum Corporation
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the CO2 EOR market
The Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market Forecast 2015-2025 report provides impartial analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company’s prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and a full transcript from an exclusive interview with Enhance Energy is included in the report. Visiongain’s research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report, therefore, presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2015-2025.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain’s increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game-changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain’s team of London-based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How the Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market Forecast 2015-2025 report can benefit you
Visiongain's report will be of value to anyone who wants to better understand the CO2 EOR industry and its dynamics. It will be useful for businesses who wish to better comprehend the part of the market they are already involved in, or those wishing to enter or expand into a different regional or technical part of the CO2 EOR industry. This is an extremely exciting area of the oil industry from a growth and potential point of view.
You will discover forecasts for the period 2015-2025 in terms of bpd production and spending for the global market, as well as forecasts and analysis for three major submarkets: CO2 source, CO2 pipeline and injection costs. The report also includes market forecasts and analysis for six leading national markets including five US regional; submarkets, as well as individualised outlooks for 11 further national markets. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where and why growth is likely and where lucrative potential market prospects are located. Don’t miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
Please Note: Prior to initiating fulfillment of an order, the client will be required to sign a document detailing the purchase terms for a publication from this publisher.
The publisher is using a password system to access all reports. Single user and departmental licenses expires after 12 month period. In the case of departmental site license purchases, the publisher requires all email addresses for the licensed users prior to fulfilment.
2Co Energy Ltd
Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO)
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
Air Products & Chemicals
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Babcock & Wilcox Canada
Bow City Power Limited
BreitBurn Energy Partners
Brigham Oil & Gas
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Capital Power Corp
Caribbean Nitrogen Company Ltd (CNC)
Cenovus Energy Inc.
Chaparral Energy Inc.
China Datang Corporation
China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
Devon Energy Corporation
Dongguan Taiyangzhou Power Corporation
Emirates Aluminium (EMAL)
Emirates Steels Industries (ESI)
Energen Resources Corporation
Enhanced Oil Resources
EOG Resources Inc.
Fasken Oil and Ranch Ltd.
George R. Brown Partnership
Great Western Drilling
Hilcorp Energy Company
HTC CO2 Systems
Hua Neng (Tian Jin) IGCC Company Limited
Hydrogen Energy International
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC)
Japan Vietnam Petroleum Co., Ltd (JVPC)
Koch Nitrogen Company
Kodiak Oil & Gas
Leucadia National Corporation
Lianyungang Clean Energy Innovation Industrial Park Ltd.
Marathon Oil Corporation
MCNIC Pipeline & Processing Company
Merit Energy Company
National Grid Carbon Ltd
Neill and Gunter Ltd
NRG Energy Inc.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem)
Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Petra Nova Parish Holdings
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras)
Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (PETROTRIN)
Pioneer Natural Resources
Plain Exploration & Production
Resolute Natural Resources
Roosevelt Resources LLC
Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
Scottish Carbon Capture and Storage
Shanxi International Energy Group (SIEG)
Slawson Exploration Company
Summit Power Group
Swan Hills Synfuels
Taweelah Asia Power Company (TAPCO)
Tianjin DaGang Huashi
Turkish Petroleum Corporation (TPAO)
Whiting Petroleum Corporation
Wolverine Power Cooperative
Government Agencies and Other Organisations Mentioned in this Report
Alberta Department of Energy (ADOE)
British Geological Survey
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
The Government of Canada
Centre for North Sea Enhanced Oil Recovery with CO2 (CENSEOR-CO2)
China Export-Import Bank
Clean Fossil Energy Development Institute (CFEDI)
Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
European Union (EU)
Global Carbon Capture and Storage Institute (GCCSI)
Guangdong Low-carbon Technology and Industry Research Centre (GDLRC)
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
National Enhanced Oil Recovery Initiative (NEORI)
North Dakota Industrial Commission
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
Petroleum and Petrochemical Consultation Group
The Government of Saskatchewan
Scottish Carbon Capture and Storage (SCCS)
Texas Railroad Commission
UK Carbon Capture and Storage Research Centre (UKCCSRC)
UK National Grid
US Department of Energy (DOE)
World Wildlife Fund (WWF)