Wealth in the UAE: Sizing the Market Opportunity
Wealth in the UAE: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes the UAE's wealth and retail investments markets, with a particular focus on the HNW segment. Analysis is based upon our 2014 Global Wealth Managers Survey and our Global Wealth Markets Analytics.
Reasons To Buy
- Size your potential client base using our proprietary data, presenting the number of affluent individuals by liquid asset band to 2018.
- Understand the drivers behind the growth of the affluent market, such as the wider macroeconomic environment.
- Quantify HNW asset allocations into non-liquid assets such as property. Find out how much of HNW individuals' investible assets are held offshore.
- Export the graphics from the dashboard, or if you are more at ease using Excel, export the data into your own worksheets.
- How large is the HNW market in the UAE?
- What is the penetration of affluent individuals in the UAE?
- How much of their wealth do UAE HNW individuals invest offshore?
- Which booking centers are used by HNW individuals to invest offshore?
The number of Emirati affluent individuals and the value of their liquid assets have been increasing rapidly since 2009. The market is set to continue on a growth trajectory into 2018.
In terms of GDP growth, the plunge in oil prices has increased uncertainty and lowered the expectations for GDP growth figures.
Due to the relative underdevelopment of the Emirati investment market and the large expat community resident in the UAE, HNW individuals continue to invest large amounts of wealth outside of traditional investments, and indeed outside of the UAE itself.
- Executive Summary
- Key findings
- Critical success factors
- Sizing and Forecasting the Wealth Market in the UAE
- HNW individuals account for 0.2% of the total population
- Affluent individuals hold 74.2% of total liquid assets
- Drivers for Growth in the UAE Wealth Market
- The UAE stock market has risen rapidly
- GDP and oil prices are driving the Emirati wealth market
- HNW Investment Preferences
- HNW individuals allocate over a third of their investible assets outside of traditional investments
- HNW individuals hold 42% of their assets offshore
- Better investment options drive investors offshore
- Singapore is the most popular booking center for Emirati HNW individuals
- Abbreviations and acronyms
- Supplementary data
- Table UAE: adult population segmented by affluent category and asset band (000s), 2010-14
- Table UAE: adult population segmented by affluent category and asset band (000s), 2015e-19f
- Table UAE: total liquid wealth segmented by affluent category and asset band ($bn), 2010-14
- Table UAE: total liquid wealth segmented by affluent category and asset band ($bn), 2015e-19f
- Exchange of information
- Liquid assets
- Mass affluent
- Mutual funds
- 2014 Global Wealth Managers Survey
- Global Wealth Model methodology
- Further reading