Small Kitchen Appliances 2016
Small kitchen appliance market is forecast to be worth £993m in 2016. 2016 is set to see growth in Small Kitchen Appliances fall back to its lowest level since 2013, as the post-Brexit fallout increases consumer cautiousness. While inflation will see category values continue to increase it will also hit retailer margins and encourage trading down in products such as toasters, can openers and kitchen scales. While some products, such as Nutribullets and slow cookers, are capturing the consumer imagination and boosting growth, others, such as deep fat fryers, are falling away.
- 2016 is set to see growth in small kitchen appliances fall back to its lowest level since 2013, as the post-Brexit fallout increases consumer cautiousness.
- Argos leads share of small kitchen appliances. The new Argos-Sainsbury’s hybrid will be formidable not only in terms of reach, both through stores and online, but in its value credentials, in its possession of a wide range of SKA brands and in its resonance with consumers.
- 76.1% of all SKA purchases are replacements and purchases remain highly brand driven, with price remaining the key consideration in determining choice of retailer.
- The popularity of freestanding blenders and juicers, driven by demand for cheap and healthy smoothies, and epitomized by the success of the Nutribullet, has given the food prep category a boost. Volumes will remain stable in 2016, even as more frivolous products, such as ice cream makers and meat mincers, fall away.
The Verdict Small Kitchen Appliances report forms part of the Home Retail Series, and offers a comprehensive insight into small kitchen appliance retailing in the UK, analysing the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Issues & strategies for success
- The market
- Utilise the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy across small kitchen appliances.
- Covers five product categories within small kitchen appliances:
- Kettles and hot beverage makers
- Electrical kitchen gadgets
- Toasters and sandwich makers
- Small table top cooking appliances
- Food preparation appliances
- Detailed market sizes and forecast growth for each product category and channel
- Identify the opportunities to grow business in this sector by comparing strategies of the key players in the market, their performance metrics and market share
- Understand the opportunities in the market by learning who shops for small kitchen appliances, how frequently they shop, and what drives their store selection.
- ISSUES AND STRATEGIES
- STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
- KEY ISSUES
- THE MARKET
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - TOTAL MARKET
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - FOOD PREP
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - KETTLES & HB MAKERS
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - STTCA
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - TOASTERS & SANDWICH MAKERS
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - ELECTRICAL KITCHEN GADGETS
- CATEGORY GROWTH & SIZE: 2016-18
- Table CATEGORY GROWTH & SIZE: 2016-18
- ONLINE SALES PENETRATION
- CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION
- Table CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION
- THE RETAILERS
- RETAILER SHARES
- RETAILER PROSPECTS
- KEY COMPARATIVES
- Dixons Carphone
- John Lewis
- THE CONSUMER
- Table DETAILED PENETRATION BY PRODUCT - ALL CONSUMERS
- Table AVERAGE SPEND BY PRODUCT - ALL CONSUMERS
- Table RETAILER USAGE - SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES
- Table RETAILER USAGE BY PROFILE - SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES
- Table CONVERSION RATES - USE AND CONSIDER TO USE FOR SKA
- Table DRIVERS OF STORE CHOICE BY RETAILER - OVERALL SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES
- Table THINGS TO IMPROVE ON BY RETAILER - OVERALL SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES
- Table BRAND CONVERSION RATES - OVERALL SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES
- Table REASONS FOR BRAND CHOICE - OVERALL SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES
- FURTHER DETAILS
- MARKET SIZING - A FOUR STAGE APPROACH
- MARKET SIZING - A WORKED EXAMPLE