Small Domestic Appliances 2016
Small domestic appliances appliance market is forecast to be worth £974m in 2016, a decline of 1.1% since 2015, as the post-Brexit fallout increases consumer cautiousness. While inflation will see category values continue to increase it will also hit retailer margins and encourage trading down in products such as irons. While some products, such bladeless fans, are capturing the consumer imagination and boosting growth.
- In 2016, growth in SDA will decline by 1%, as economic uncertainty from Brexit impacts consumer spending, particularly as consumers opt not to upgrade SDA items such as vacuum cleaners.
- Argos is the market leader in the Small Domestic Appliances category. The new combined force of Argos and Sainsbury’s will make it a formidable strength within SDA through its online and store outreach potential.
- Replacement (61%) is the primary purchase driver for SDA. This is despite rapid technological advancement, particularly in the vacuum cleaner subcategory, making upgrading more appealing.
- Price and convenience are the most important store drivers, with Argos and Tesco coming out on top respectively.
The Verdict Small Domestic Appliances report forms part of the Home Retail Series, and offers a comprehensive insight into small domestic appliance retailing in the UK, analysing the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Issues & strategies for success
- The market
- Utilise the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy across small domestic appliances.
- Covers four product categories within small domestic appliances:
- Vacuum cleaners
- Floor cleaners
- Heating & cooling appliances
- Detailed market sizes and forecast growth for each product category and channel
- Identify the opportunities to grow business in this sector by comparing strategies of the key players in the market, their performance metrics and market share
- Understand the opportunities in the market by learning who shops for small domestic appliances, how frequently they shop, and what drives their store selection.
- THE MARKET
- THE RETAILERS
- THE CONSUMER