Growth in the outdoor furniture market has slowed to 1.5% in 2016 (from 7.7% in 2015) and is set to slow further, to 0.5%, in 2017. 2015 was a strong year with favorable weather conditions, which included above average temperatures and longer periods of sunshine. In addition, low inflation and interest rates boosted consumer spending power, encouraging higher ticket purchases.
- Despite ongoing uncertainty over the UK housing market and the outcome of the Brexit vote, shoppers continue to purchase outdoor furniture. Home barbecuing is now more frequently used for family meals not just entertaining, as more people see the garden as an extension of their home, especially during the summer.
- As more consumers purchase outdoor furniture online, it is more important for retailers to provide consumers with an easy to use, informative and appealing online offer.
- Outdoor furniture shoppers spend more time in their gardens – 39.5% say they spend more time in their gardens than before, and 49.9% see the garden as an extension of the home.
Outdoor Furniture 2016 is part of Verdict Retail’s Home Retail Series, which provides expert insight into the outdoor furniture market, with value and volume forecasts to 2021. The report provides quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK market, analyzing key trends in the market based on Verdict Retail’s consumer data.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following;
Reasons To Buy
- Key issues and success strategies within the outdoor furniture market in the UK
- Market size and forecast: a look at the total market size and forecast for the UK outdoor furniture market
- Retailer profiles: a detailed look at the dominant players including market shares and outlooks
- Consumer data: a detailed look at what, how and where people are buying outdoor furniture products
- This HRS report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the outdoor furniture market based on insights from Verdict’s bespoke consumer survey and analyst insight.
- The report is designed for senior executives, boasting presentation-ready material.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers understand the opportunities within the outdoor furniture market.
- OVERALL SUMMARY
- 1. ISSUES & STRATEGIES
- 2. THE MARKET
- 3. THE RETAILERS
- 4. THE CONSUMER