Growth in the outdoor eating market has slowed to 0.4% in 2016 (from 3.1% in 2015) but is set to recover, to 0.8%, in 2017. The outdoor eating category is continuing to grow and is expected to increase c.£4m by 2021. A shift in mentality has seen more consumers using outdoor areas for entertaining and are increasingly furnishing these spaces with a range of outdoor furniture and eating products.
- A growing proportion of consumers are using outdoor living spaces for entertaining and a distinct group are emerging for retailers to target: younger customers who are choosing to entertain at home as a more economical social activity
- There is greater demand for more compact outdoor eating equipment as the size of outdoor living areas shrinks.
- Despite ongoing uncertainty over the UK housing market and the outcome of the Brexit vote, shoppers continue to purchase outdoor eating products. Home barbecuing is now more frequently used for family meals not just entertaining, as more people see the garden as an extension of their home, especially during the summer.
- Outdoor eating is a category that can perform well in times of economic uncertainty, with consumers more happy to invest in entertaining at home, at the expense of more costly activities, such as holidays
The Outdoor Eating report offers a comprehensive insight into the outdoor eating and accessories market within the UK: analyzing the market, the major players, the key trends, and consumer attitudes. It also provides market forecasts to 2021.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Key issues and success strategies within the outdoor eating market in the UK
- Market size and forecast: a look at the total market size and forecast for the UK outdoor eating market
- Retailer profiles: a detailed look at the dominant players including market shares and outlooks
- Consumer data: a detailed look at what, how and where people are buying outdoor eating products
- This HRS report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the outdoor eating market based on insights from Verdict’s bespoke consumer survey and analyst insight.
- The report is designed for senior executives, boasting presentation-ready material.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers understand the opportunities within the outdoor furniture market.
- OVERALL SUMMARY
- ISSUES AND STRATEGIES
- STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
- KEY ISSUES
- THE MARKET
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - TOTAL MARKET
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - GAS BARBEQUES
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - CHARCOAL BARBEQUES
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - DISPOSABLE BARBEQUES
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - ELECTRIC BARBEQUES
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - BARBEQUE & COOKING UTENSILS
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - BARBEQUE FIRE & LIGHTING
- MARKET SIZE & GROWTH - PICNIC SETS
- CATEGORY GROWTH & SIZE: 2016-2018
- Table CATEGORY GROWTH & SIZE: 2016-2018
- ONLINE SALES PENETRATION
- CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION
- Table CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION
- THE RETAILERS
- RETAILER SHARES
- RETAILER PROSPECTS
- KEY COMPARATIVES
- HOMEBASE (BUNNINGS)
- JOHN LEWIS
- OTHER RETAILERS
- THE CONSUMER
- Table PURCHASE MOTIVATION - OUTDOOR EATING
- Table PURCHASE MOTIVATION - By Outdoor Eating sub categories
- Table RETAILER USAGE BY SEGMENT - OVERALL OUTDOOR EATING
- Table CONVERSION RATES - GENERAL USE AND CONSIDERATION
- Table DRIVERS OF STORE CHOICE: BY RETAILER - OUTDOOR EATING
- FURTHER DETAILS
- MARKET SIZING - A FOUR STAGE APPROACH
- MARKET SIZING - A WORKED EXAMPLE